Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:40:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionQuarantine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Quarantine  (Read 3582 times)
Euphemism
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

It's yet another typical day as you head down to the first floor of the apartment building, on your way to clean out the mailbox of the flyers and bills. On your way there, you spot a uniformed officer breaking down another tenant's door and entering. It's a typical scene here in the slums.

Bill, bill, ad, ad, rejection letter, ad, ad, ad. Nothing of interest. You turn to head up back to your tiny, cramped apartment, when the alarms suddenly begin to blare and a pink energy field springs up around the building. Through the front of the lobby, you spot an unsuspecting bird fly into the field and disintegrate instantly.

You stop by and glance into the apartment that the officer broke into. It's small and cramped like yours. Unlike yours, it also has the distinct smell of a laboratory. Inside, you spot the officer panicking as he screams into his mouthpiece, gibbering about nanobots and critical mass.

Next to him, on a table and attached to an old, obsolete laptop, you spot a small, innocuous looking object. With a plethora of warning signs plastered across it.

Good Lord! It's a nanobot fabber! And judging from the panicked actions of the officer, you've got only fifteen minutes before the entire building turns into a mass of grey goo.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »

I smell an adventure!

Love the plot, can't wait to hear how a cockpit comes into play and, well, what you'll use to make this. (Sounds like AGS?)

Currently brainstorming for a project
Euphemism
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:17:20 AM »

Sorry to disappoint, but it's not likely to be an adventure. More like RTS. As for the cockpit, well, the interface is planned to be cockpit-like, but I completely forgot about it when I came up with the backstory for it -_-
random
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »

Sound cool, although this was first thing that came to my mind:
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »

Wait, a real time strategy? In an apartment building? An apartment building with a laboratory that may turn into goo in about fifteen minutes?

You have my attention.

Currently brainstorming for a project
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »

Sounds adventurolicious.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic