Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:38:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKnuckle Sandwich – Demo out now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Knuckle Sandwich – Demo out now!  (Read 42473 times)
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »

Oh blub, this game already looks fantastic!

I was wondering though, is this game going to be linear or free-exploration in terms of progression? Just wondering.

Thankyou. The game is set to chapters that represent days in the week, so you follow a routine that lines up with your job. After work, you are free to explore in whatever manner you see fit. It's about keeping a balance between the two (like real life!).

Im a little worried about the Fishman's safety at Club Sandwich, blub.
This still looks fan-flipping-tastic

Thanks heaps.  Smiley Fun fact - the fishman is a real guy.

Also, an aspect of the game I'd like to see is a battle being triggered with the screen transition and everything. I'd like to see that and take inspiration from it!  Beg

There are many different transitions to suit the occasion. Here is a personal favourite:

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2015, 05:49:39 AM »

Wow. The internet and the world truly is an amazingly crazy place.
And cool transitions!

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2015, 06:36:18 AM »

Please tell me that the main character's bobbing animation is in sync with the music...

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »

Wow. The internet and the world truly is an amazingly crazy place.
And cool transitions!

It sure is. Thanks.

Please tell me that the main character's bobbing animation is in sync with the music...

Wink

----------------------------------

Bugs can be your friends, too.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »

this game is about all the everythings! Smiley

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2015, 01:44:57 AM »

It's true - you can do most things in this game.

Like work, for example:

JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2015, 02:08:32 AM »

Loving all the GIFs!!!  Wizard

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 11:55:48 AM »

I love the idea of just really random things you can do. I don't know if it's been asked, but is there going to be an overall story with other characters?
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2015, 03:27:28 AM »

Loving all the GIFs!!!  Wizard

Wink

I love the idea of just really random things you can do. I don't know if it's been asked, but is there going to be an overall story with other characters?

Sure is! There's many tangent storylines you can go on if it's your kinda thing. The main plot has three different layers to it, consisting of working your job, (possibly) investigating a mysterious cult and then processing it all at the end of the day when you're in your home.

Daily GIF time:

Now, I'm already pretty chuffed with this menu as it is, but you'll most likely notice an addition to the party: a cat! You can find this feline pal in one of the early chapters of the game and you take them in and give them a good home. You can name it, feed it, play with it, etc. It's kind of like a bonus feature that ties in with the main game.

As I said before, if there's an aspect of the game you'd like to see for tomorrow's GIF, let me know!

PS. I updated the game's website recently: http://knucklesandwich.biz

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2015, 03:32:14 AM »

Is fancy water just water with added taste powder that tastes terrible, like you see in some malls? If that's the case this RPG got a whole lot better! Also, I like how he swallows the whole bottle in the gif.

Also also, investigating a mysterious cult!? Huh?

Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »

Any reason why you black out menu options that aren't currently selected? It makes things hard to read and if you're looking for something in particular it could get slightly annoying to have to navigate through each option.

Aside from that, everything else is damn sexy. Can't wait to try this out!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »

Agree with above, maybe only black out items that are not yet obtained?

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »

This guy really knows how to consume fancy water! Smiley

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »

Is fancy water just water with added taste powder that tastes terrible, like you see in some malls?

Any reason why you black out menu options that aren't currently selected? It makes things hard to read and if you're looking for something in particular it could get slightly annoying to have to navigate through each option.

The GIF messed with the colours a lil bit, but yeah, I'm planning on updating it. Thanks.  Smiley

Agree with above, maybe only black out items that are not yet obtained?

Then that'd spoil things!

This guy really knows how to consume fancy water! Smiley

It's the only way to get all the fancy goodness!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 02:16:02 AM »

I like how miscellaneous characters are just colored naked genderless people. Are they placeholders or are they going to stay in the game? Kind of like animes:

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »

I like how miscellaneous characters are just colored naked genderless people. Are they placeholders or are they going to stay in the game?

Thanks! They are there to stay. You can thank the animes.

I've been working on making this game as lively as possible, and I really have a thing for menu design in games, so I've been adding personal touches to the main menu. Quite happy with this one.

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »

Sometimes it's worth keeping a terrible job if it means you get to make something truly great.

doczal
Level 0

Hobbyist

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:50 AM »

Hey man, I'm a big fan of the Earthbound/Mother games, so I was pretty delighted to come across Knuckle Sandwich! It's looking great and full of personality!

Are you a one man team, if I may ask? Looking at all the screenshots/GIFs, there's an amazing amount of detail being put into the game  Shocked. I'm in awe at what some of the people here are able to accomplish...

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »

(possibly) investigating a mysterious cult and then processing it all at the end of the day when you're in your home.

Haha, yes. The game already feels really wacky and mysterious. Adding another layer of investigation will be really fun.

Also:

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2015, 07:09:16 PM »

Hey man, I'm a big fan of the Earthbound/Mother games, so I was pretty delighted to come across Knuckle Sandwich! It's looking great and full of personality!

Are you a one man team, if I may ask? Looking at all the screenshots/GIFs, there's an amazing amount of detail being put into the game  Shocked. I'm in awe at what some of the people here are able to accomplish...

Thankyou very much. Everything you've seen right now has been made 100% by me. There's a heap of little details in everything, but I think it's worth it.

Haha, yes. The game already feels really wacky and mysterious. Adding another layer of investigation will be really fun.

It's probably the best subplot in the game. It's no Happy Happyism though, that's for sure. No spoilers.  Shrug

Speaking of subplots...

This guy has been causing a ruckus around the whole neighborhood, but he ain't involved in no cults (maybe). He's also one of my favourite characters in the whole game. What could he be up to?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic