Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 02:23:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeIdeas for an Android App
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ideas for an Android App  (Read 943 times)
KidDev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »

I have an Idea for a maybe cool game.
It focuses on chess and maybe a better action movement
Maybe the pieces can be somewhat more awesome.
It may have like moves for each piece and custom rules.
Be cool if you can like choose one piece to be somewhat an elite version of the original model.
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »

I don't get what you want us to do. If you have an idea, go on and do it. If you're looking for help with the idea (i.e. programming, art, music), ask around in the "Collaborations" section. And if you're trying to start a thread where people post Android ideas, sorry for derailing Tongue
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »

Since KidDev is 11/12 years old, I think this is a great idea to try. Well, to be honest, it would be a good idea for anyone to do in order to learn how to do game design.

What you should do first is to prototype your game, using a real chess board.

1. Create new names for all the pieces and decide how they should be able to move now and where they start on the board.

2. Decide what a piece needs to do in order to become elite.
(Pick one at the start of the game? Get a promotion when taking an enemy piece? Get a promotion when reaching the other player's side?). You can mark elite pieces with a rubber band or put them on a coin.

3. Play the game with the new rules with a friend or someone from your family.

4. Use your new experience to improve the rules, changing things that didn't work or weren't fun. Start over from 1 and repeat!

Do this lots of times until you have designed rules that are fun to play. Then you can share them on the forum and other people can try them and give you feedback.

Good luck!

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic