Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:20:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGame Composers : Your Rates
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Composers : Your Rates  (Read 1012 times)
Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »

Hi guys,
I'd like to get as much informations as possible on rates for soundtracks

How do you do it?

Paid per songs?
Per minutes?
For the entire ost?
Depends if for mobile or console/steam?

Please give me all the informations you can, I want to learn all about it

Thanks

*Didn't know if this was completely business-related or for some other forums because I'm only looking for composer's rates*

ZackParrish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »

Seems business enough but you'd probably get more responses if you posted this in the music group instead. Also I would suggest checking out an older thread... give me a minute and I'll see if I can find it... covers all the questions you asked and had some heated debate at times.

Okay... check this thread, plenty of info in there...

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=28995.0

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:53:03 AM »

I have found that electronic music is generally anywhere between 30-50 per minute, 20 for 30 seconds.

Music with actual, live recorded instuments can be between 80-100 per minute. Both examples I am using US dollars.

Mention that it is for a trailer and they will sometimes charge a little more, but will also put more effort into it and will end up changing it a lot to meet the exact feel of the game.

Sound effects are usually 3-5 dollars per effect.

Take these prices and remove 20-40 percent if the composer is just starting out, at that point they are trying to do as many commissions as possible to try and get their name out there and create good relationships with developers. A guy I know named Scythuz, I was one of the first people to commisssion his music. Since then he has improved a ton and has tons of work, some of his music is in the most recent Game Dev Humble Bundle that's going on right now, actually.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic