Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:49:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for feedback on my (still WIP) Intro Cinematic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on my (still WIP) Intro Cinematic  (Read 705 times)
Jesk77
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »

You can check it out here.

BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »

Artistically I cannot comment, but it was uncomfortable viewing for a few reasons:

- The "Long ago..." screen has the first part of the second line visible before the second part of the first line. This leads to a confused reading order.
- The text for list of lost treaures is very small
- I found the scene transitions quite jarring.
Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »

-The font choice and color don't contrast with the background very well, and the animation on the ships during the scenes is rather basic (aside from around 0:21).

- Aesthetic-wise, I don't know how to feel about the color palette; you might want to establish one before diving into the cinematic (check this site out: http://paletton.com/#uid=1000u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF).

- The line work is not very complex, though the designs of the ships look alright.

In short, can't say much beyond that it needs a lot of work, but it's a start.
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:08 AM »

I'll second the suggestion of a unified color palette (and possibly a better one). Especially with regards to text and background color. Hurts my eyes :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic