Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:06:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking for Web Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Web Designer  (Read 811 times)
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »

So I debated asking this here, but I figured of all the places to ask, I felt most people on here were creative enough to understand this idea. So I'm looking to help out a friend who is looking to make an interactive website that also features an opening video of sorts. I figure it would be flash based but I'm not sure how it would work.

The idea would be the opening segues the viewer from the video to the website layout which would be a circular design that has various elements for people to interact with. Elements of the website would link with media widgets (soundcloud, youtube, etc) or text documents that would pop up to describe something.

Does anyone know how to make a website like this, or know someone that does?

Thank you!

Should also mention this is a paid job if someone is able to do this. Additionally the job would need to be done by fall of 2015 at the latest. I personally can make a lot of the elements used, but I personally skilled to make them function correctly at this time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:50:27 AM by EasterlyArt » Logged

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
PixelJunkie
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:17:15 PM »

Using a service like youtube would be good for the video because now embedded youtube videos play in html 5 if flash is disabled on the device accessing the webpage, but it'd make it more complicated to have the site know when the video is done playing automatically.

I think it would be better to just have the video in the middle of a circle the main page surrounded by curved menu options or whatever and play, but that's just my opinion. Theoretically you should be able to set the menu div above the video so it looks like the video is contained inside a circle (which would probably make a really cool effect!)

Here's a quick mockup I did... something like this?  Shrug

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:42:31 PM by PixelJunkie » Logged
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »

Using a service like youtube would be good for the video because now embedded youtube videos play in html 5 if flash is disabled on the device accessing the webpage, but it'd make it more complicated to have the site know when the video is done playing automatically.

I think it would be better to just have the video in the middle of a circle the main page surrounded by curved menu options or whatever and play, but that's just my opinion. Theoretically you should be able to set the menu div above the video so it looks like the video is contained inside a circle (which would probably make a really cool effect!)

Here's a quick mockup I did... something like this?  Shrug

Appreciate the idea, but not sure it matches up with what direction the website would be going. I probably should of avoided using the word "video" and rather used "animation" because the intro animation would segue into the website layout, not be inside the layout itself. Though I suppose with "progress", new limitations are made because of dated tech. Also, your image isn't working. 

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic