Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:08:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVegetables Sharks - sharks who love vegetables
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vegetables Sharks - sharks who love vegetables  (Read 1377 times)
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:43:11 AM »

Hi. Surely you know that vegetables is healthy. You know that is it also a favorite delicacy of sharks? So let me introduce you to my third game for Android called Vegetables Sharks Smiley

Description:

Sharks are hungry and want to eat! Only vegetables can give them the necessary strength and vitamins. Therefore, you must help them eat all the vegetables, which requires your memory and perception skills! How many rounds of feeding can you withstand?

Video:

How to play:

Sharks have no idea what is hidden in barrels, only you know it! Sometimes hesitant, whether to eat the barrel.  Touch shark and prepare him for eating or do not let him eat. If barrel is full of vegetables, shark must eat. In case he wants to eat something other than vegetables, forbid him from doing so! You must remember what is hidden in barrels, if you want sharks prepare. Be constantly on the alert and help sharks eat all the vegetables!

Vegetables Sharks is a memory game designed for children and adults. The game develops your attention, perception and memory. Take advantage of your memory and perception skills for feeding as many sharks is possible and enjoy this fun game! It's free and without ads!

Download:

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vegetables.sharks.android
Opera Mobile Store: http://apps.opera.com/en_sk/vegetables_sharks.html?pm=1&multi=1

Interesting informations:

For development of game I used constantly developing tool Overlap2D which runs on framework libgdx. Although with fewer problems, length of development took me 70 hours. But I do not count preparation of promotional materials. Work on the game, but do not stop. I am preparing for you new content as well as new projects that you can watch on my sites:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SekipGames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SekipGames

Enjoy the game and feed sharks as much as possible! Smiley

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:42:41 PM »

This game is pretty cute.

I thought the art, the animations, the music and the sound were all well done. The game has a nice relaxing vibe to its look and feel.

I think you could improve some things to make the game less confusing. I'm pretty sure some of the vegetables in the game aren't actually considered vegetables, such as corn and eggplants. I could be wrong about eggplants. It's also hard to tell what some of the icons represent.

There are a lot of grammar errors in the game's tutorial and menus. Maybe you should have someone proofread your games and the game's description on Google Play to make sure you used proper grammar. (I wouldn't mind doing that for a small game. I'm sure there are also other people on this forum who would help if you asked.) Your English is all fine and understandable, it's just that there are a lot of little errors and most players will probably notice.

Good luck with the game! Smiley

sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »

Hello Natman! Thank you for this long feedback! I very appreciate it! Smiley
I will be working on your recommendations, they are very good.
And you have right with my grammar, so I will look for someone.
Otherwise I am very glad that you like this game Smiley
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:22:59 AM »

In version 1.0.3 you will find a jealous dolphin! Do not let him eat all the food! Smiley

IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »

Firstly, you should start DevLog If you want give community news like this about Delphine Smiley
Secondly, I downloaded your game and played few times. Best score 15. I like graphics. I have 2 things to say.
1. In my opinion, games played cout should increase when game starts. Because I can leave the game if I am close to lose, So I can finish only these plays in which I could achive nice score. So in finally e.g. there will be best score 50, game played count 20... and 250 games were break in the midlle of play. So I can lie myself...
2. Now I have to click in shark collider which extremly suit shark. If they are faster it is hard to hit shark. Maybe you can increase collider horizontally? Do you set sharks speed depending on screen size? IF not there will be big difference in difficulty level depending on which size screen are you playing.

Finally, we invite you to join to the "Blasty Flight Testers" community.
https://plus.google.com/communities/116905595188211524695

sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 01:49:02 AM »

Hi IonForceStudio!

Okey, sorry for that and I happy that you like a game Smiley

1) THANK YOU! GOOD POINT! Your 1 point makes sense, i will fix it!
2) Colider has been increased but i increase him more Smiley Speed should be the same on all devices Smiley

Wow, thanks! I appreciate it. I checked your game and looks very, very cool! Smiley

Updated:

Hi again!
I started working at your 1 point but then I realized something. With the number of games played I'll work later in the game. Therefore, I would hate if the player can cheat like start - back - start .. but the game is not finished.
But your tip was awesome, and thank you again for that! Smiley And colider is now little bigger Smiley

And my question when I would test your game? Smiley

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:23:22 AM by sekip » Logged
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:39 AM »

2. Speed should be the same? Is it correctly? For me, time of swimming from left side to right side of the screen should be the same on all devices. Then difficulty level will be the same for all users.

If speed will be the same there will be big advantage for big screen users Because shark is more time visible and it is more easy to tap him...

Blasty Flight final version (or almost final) in 3-4 weeks, so I will ask for help soon. I accept your request. Thx

sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 01:37:58 AM »

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused
I created two resolutions for mobile phones and tablets. The conditions are the same. But I think on the two different mobiles or two tablets may be a few pixels shark seen sooner. It´s camera work. I use libgdx and i can not fix resolution for all devices. There are many android devices.
I create mix code for resolution from http://blog.gemserk.com/2013/01/22/our-solution-to-handle-multiple-screen-sizes-in-android-part-one/ and overlap2D and i think it´s work good Smiley

Okey, I look forward to your game Smiley
schouffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 04:37:19 AM »

Art & sound are excellent. Don't change anything. It's beautiful and simple.

Regarding the game mechanics :
- tutorial is very badly explained. I only understood that you tap to switch open/close the mouth, with trial and error in the game itself. In the tutorial, i understood that you just had to tap on a shark if he's going to NOT a vegetable, which is wrong.
- dolphin sequence should be more exciting. Maybe put several dolphins so that you stress out the player a little ?
- icons are sometimes difficult to read. Maybe you should use background color coding to identify vegetables/not vegetables ? Maybe it would make the game too easy though.

Otherwise i had fun and restarted a few times. Could definitely play that while in the restroom.
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 01:01:47 AM »

Hi schouffy and thanks for feedback! Smiley

1. I understood. Therefore, in the first two rounds is a description of what the player has to do Smiley
2. Good idea with delphins thanks!
3. Yes, I used background color for vegetables and garbage. Vegetables has green background and garbage red Smiley
schouffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 01:44:38 AM »

Regarding 3), i hadn't noticed. By focusing on color rather than icons, game is more readable and easier.
Actually, i'm now wondering if it's a good idea since it's a memory game. Now i have only to "perceive" and memorize 2 colors (or even only the red ones), instead of a handful of icons. I know, i'm a pain in the ***.
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:19:29 AM »

Hh your point is good, but do not worry. People have problem memorize 2 colors too, especially if they go three sharks Smiley And game is designed for children too Smiley
defufna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:57:34 AM »

Cool game. I got 16. I love the design. I would add some more polish. Like make an eating animation with opening mouth and chewing. It should be more satisfying when shark eats something.

Also if I miss a shark I lose life. But if I save 3 sharks I get only one point. I think you should get one point for each shark.

Also the game is quite easy in the beginning but when it gets interesting I quickly die. And when I start again I have to wait for the boring part to pass. So I spend most of time waiting for the fun part Smiley.

Oh and score increment should be somehow more snappy. It feels like there is some delay between my action and score change.

Great game, the best one I tried today.
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 12:24:52 AM »

Hi defufna and thank you for your nice feedback! Good points you have in your mind Smiley

1. You get point for every "save" round. I wanted to give each player the same conditions, because barrels with vegetables are generated randomly. I think it would not be fair get a point for each shark.

2-3. Amazing, I will look at it. You have right with score. I will do some with score increment Smiley

Thank you again and have a nice day Smiley
sekip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:39 AM »

Hi guys! I know I should do devlog, but i do not want to spam this forum twice with this game. So now, in the game you will find a new pirate theme, more lives and other enhancements! Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic