Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:38:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesnintendo 3ds e-shop purchase transfer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: nintendo 3ds e-shop purchase transfer  (Read 925 times)
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:08:20 AM »

I recently found my old 3ds after months of searching. In the meantime I've bought a new 3ds, created a nintendo network id and played tons of games.

Is there any way to only transfer purchased games from the e-shop and not the save data? I'm also fearing that if this is possible it would overwrite the games and data on my new 3ds.

Help me out ppl.  Coffee Coffee Coffee

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:54:08 AM »

found this on gamefaqs. i haven't tested it myself so take with a grain of salt:

I had a separate ambassador console and a main console I played all the time. I didn't want to lose my save data, Mii Plaza data, etc. on my main console but wanted to combine everything onto that main one. I ended up transferring from my main console to the ambassador console first. It kept my save data but added the ambassador games and Zelda: Four Swords to my e-shop, so I was able to redownload those. I then waited seven days and transferred everything back.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »

found this on gamefaqs. i haven't tested it myself so take with a grain of salt:

I had a separate ambassador console and a main console I played all the time. I didn't want to lose my save data, Mii Plaza data, etc. on my main console but wanted to combine everything onto that main one. I ended up transferring from my main console to the ambassador console first. It kept my save data but added the ambassador games and Zelda: Four Swords to my e-shop, so I was able to redownload those. I then waited seven days and transferred everything back.

Wow, that's an interesting solution!

I noticed that there's no Nintendo Network ID linked to my old 3DS, which means the purchase history must be stored on the actual console. I tried to log on to it with my new ID but couldn't since it's already linked to the New 3DS. I wonder if there is some sort of workaround.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »

According to multiple sources on the internet, it seems that the best solution is a system transfer from "target system" to "source system" and one week later, once the stupid wait time expires, from "source system" to "target system". This effectively merges everything without erasing the Mii plaza and your friends list and stuff like that. Seems simple, but I would ask Nintendo's support hotline about help with that. Besides, system transfers always tell you exactly what is going to happen as you perform them so you don't make stupid mistakes.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:40:14 AM »

obv the first thing to do is back up both 3DS's SD cards to your computer (and be sure to transfer everything in the internal memory to SD first). that way you can't lose any data.

the data is encrypted tho so no transferring individual saves that way unfortunately. trust me, ive tried this with a 3ds where i stupidly used multiple SD cards.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 06:46:01 AM »

... trust me, ive tried this with a 3ds where i stupidly used multiple SD cards.
What. why?

Also, when I did my system transfer from old 3DS prime to New 3DS XL, I backed up my SD card on my computer, transferred that data on a micro SD card and was able to load everything on the New 3DS that used that same micro SD. Takes way less time than transferring everything directly form 3DS to 3DS.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »

I'm considering doing a data transfer to the old system and then back. I've also contacted Nintendo in hope of there being some way to circumvent the 7 day wait.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 04:46:18 AM »

Turns out that transfering from the New 3DS to an older 3DS doesn't work! I'm probably better off just calling their tech support.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic