Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:45:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] - Java Gameplay Engineer for 2D RTS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] - Java Gameplay Engineer for 2D RTS  (Read 725 times)
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »

Hello,

I'm looking to speed up production of an indie 2D RTS game called World's Aftermath. The core engine is complete, along with a large subset of the mechanics and features, however there is still quite a bit to do.

I'm looking for someone to be responsible for gameplay mechanics and "feel". You'll need to demonstrate you have experience with this, and you'll work directly with me to get a complete sense of what direction these elements need to go in, and then you'll implement the remaining features. You'll have the opportunity to suggest and adjust gameplay mechanics at your discretion with the aim of improving the gameplay as a whole.

I am looking for someone who can take over this aspect of the game's creation for me.

This is a paid, part-time, work-from-home contractual position for only the duration of the project. You’ll be in regular contact with me via email, IM and skype/phone.

You will be responsible for:
- implementing the remaining gameplay features (by writing and adjusting code in Java, and by writing and adjusting INI files)
- tweaking and polishing the existing gameplay to work out any imbalances and to maximize the game's "fun" (by writing and adjusting code in Java, and by writing and adjusting INI files)
- ensuring all new gameplay code is bug-free (including for all edge-cases)
- eliminating any gameplay-related bugs encountered during development

You'll also be responsible for:
- creating place-holder images in Photoshop/GIMP as necessary, where images don't exist for new elements
- working with git to commit changes to their own branch for review before inclusion into the product

Please contact me via the following email address if you are interested (I do not check here too regularly): james (at symbol) worldsaftermath (period) com. Please be sure to include examples of any experience you believe qualifies you for the position.

Regards,
James

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic