Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:13:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNeed Help Analyzing the Worth and Marketing my First Game - Pequod
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Help Analyzing the Worth and Marketing my First Game - Pequod  (Read 761 times)
NickNormandy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »

http://bearmancer.itch.io/pequod

So Pequod is my first game that I have finished. I spent about 11 months on this and it was mainly a test to see if I could finish a game. I was wondering if anybody had any first impression advice based on off of the game's itch.io store. Should I put a price on the game (currently I suggest a price around 2.99) or put it up there for free and bank on donations. I am not too concerned with making money off of it but I don't want to sell myself short.

Besides the itch store is there other general things I should be doing to market my game. I was thinking of contacting blogs like indiegames.com. Outside of a few screen shots over my poor followership at twitter, I didn't really stay on top of gaining hype for my game while it was in development, something I will try to correct in the future.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevinfu510
Level 0

aparently the picure looks weird when resized...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »

first of all, the bottom of the background of the itch.io page is clipped.. so better work on extending that! XD

Whether you want to gain profit from it or not is your choice.. your game is great by the looks of the Itch.io page, and it seems like 0-2.99 is a good price range for it...

and for marketing, if you want to do it you could send the link to your game to some small time youtubers/let's players.. it's a good strategy.

NickNormandy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:52:47 AM »

Thanks, Youtube does seem like a good idea, I fixed the background image problem too  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic