Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:55:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionARC
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ARC  (Read 2862 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
ARC
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »

Hey, this is just a thread of my idea ; I have no means with which to make this.

Now, onto the story!

"The world, in the future, is nearing a technological singularity, a perfect meshing of mind and machine. In this world, you are not just a human, but also machine. People enhance their thoughts with mechanical implants, and this has been having positive effects on society. However, now, a mysterious virus called ERAZ has appeared, and is killing people via their implants. I am a mental program created by the government, the Archetypal ERAZ Destroyer, AED, or nicknamed Arc. Now, I venture into the infected minds of people, and destroy the ERAZ."

The gameplay is inspired by Rez. Your targeting cursor can highlight opponents, and when highlighted, they will be hit with a shot momentarily. Highlighting another enemy within 2 seconds adds them to the combo, and multiplies your points you get from the kills(more on the points later.). If hit while your opponent(s) are still highlighted, they are un-highlighted, and you have to re-highlight them.

When you destroy an ERAZ, you gather it's DATA and merge it with yourself. White DATA acts like experience, and after gathering a certain amount you level up. This helps your other DATA types, which we cover in a sec.

The three other DATA types are RED, YELLOW, and BLUE. RED DATA will increase your attack power, allowing you to damage enemies more efficiently. Every 1 level of RED DATA, you get a different style weapon. (5 total levels for all DATAS.) YELLOW DATA increases speed, and your 'jets' change every level. BLUE DATA will change your shields, becoming more powerful every level.

White data increases your FILE SPACE, which is essential. See, you can only have, at first, 5 TOTAL LEVELS for all your DATA. Which means, you can not have all of them at level 3. The maximum they could all be at is 1. The other 2 could be at LV. 2, and the extra at LV. 1, but you wouldn't be able to level up anymore. Increasing your FILE SPACE allows you to level up additional times. It, like the others, can only ever have a max of LV. 5.

The graphical style is Vector 3D. I have a fleshed out plot, but will only tell this to people who can make this.

So, guys, I have nothing else besides this. If anyone else wants to take this, please, go right ahead, and I will provide as much support as possible.

Everyone, enjoy, and good luck with the competition!
Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »

Sounds fun!
fiber optic asparagus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:10:26 AM »

I cheer you on my good sir! Smiley

I have mooselike reflexes
Pages: [1]