Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:27:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingENYO Arcade - 2D Platforn Action
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ENYO Arcade - 2D Platforn Action  (Read 575 times)
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »

Hello!  Gentleman

"This game explains nothing!"
-unknown steam user

Download HERE(.zip)

ENYO Arcade Website
(windows only)

Please let me know if and how it works for you, thanks!

Salut!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:40:04 AM by c023-DeV » Logged

Flabby__Fabby
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »

There was no platform when I first started the game. Is it suppose to do that?

I don't like having to press space to jump. Can't it be W also.

There was not enough feedback when getting hurt. I didn't even know what killed me half the time.

Everything is too small.

I don't get what happened when I got in the spaceship.

It seems TOO much like Metroid with the ball ability. Do you really need that?

The artwork looks pretty cool though.
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »

There was no platform when I first started the game. Is it suppose to do that?

I don't like having to press space to jump. Can't it be W also.

There was not enough feedback when getting hurt. I didn't even know what killed me half the time.

Everything is too small.

I don't get what happened when I got in the spaceship.

It seems TOO much like Metroid with the ball ability. Do you really need that?

The artwork looks pretty cool though.

The ball is the speed core mechanic. I seriously need to look into control configuration options, yes. The spaceship sequence may evolve. But at the time being the confusion is all I can offer at that point. Same with death sequences, in time I'll make them more spectacular. And yes, no ground is intended in first scene.

Thanks for giving it a spin!

moomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »

You have some interesting effects and mechanics in this thing. You might want to look into doing more with lights, as you seemingly have a decent system for them in there.

I agree with the previous poster that the overall camera is too zoomed out. Maybe that's kind of a core thing that you wanted, which, that's cool if that's the case, but maybe provide mousewheel zoom?

I got the impression that you're mostly attempting to demo some mechanics and whatnot, but as was kind of explained before it's not at all clear to me who I am or what I am doing in the game.

I do really like the art though!

You certainly have a fun toy to play with overall; interested to see where you take this thing, as the tone and everything is suggestive of Bladerunner style sci-fi, which I enjoy Smiley Good luck with it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:06:46 PM by moomat » Logged

Check out Junk E.T. at junketgame.com

nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:42 PM »

Pros:
  • interesting opening level w/o any visible platforms.
  • protagonist's actions felt good.
  • art style
  • general vibe of the game

Cons:
  • level scrolling is a bit jerky which I find annoying
  • similarly, there are some ticks in the audio which sound like artifacts. But I suppose this is intentional?

I'll keep an eye on this one  Hand Thumbs Up Left

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »

You have some interesting effects and mechanics in this thing. You might want to look into doing more with lights, as you seemingly have a decent system for them in there.

I agree with the previous poster that the overall camera is too zoomed out. Maybe that's kind of a core thing that you wanted, which, that's cool if that's the case, but maybe provide mousewheel zoom?

I got the impression that you're mostly attempting to demo some mechanics and whatnot, but as was kind of explained before it's not at all clear to me who I am or what I am doing in the game.

I do really like the art though!

You certainly have a fun toy to play with overall; interested to see where you take this thing, as the tone and everything is suggestive of Bladerunner style sci-fi, which I enjoy Smiley Good luck with it.

I like the 'thing' =) ... still struggling with the explanation of 'What IS a game' since I rather think that developers can only provide the toy and it is up to the player to make it a game. However the steam achievements and leaderboards may sudgest games to play. (Pacifist and speed running etc.)

And yeah, I'll look into nicer lighting.

ADDED a zoom to my current version (half-size as default and zoomed out toggle)

The uncertainty and lack of explanation are intended, philosophical perspective on life in general. I got a lot of hate here on the forums for just mentioning an imaginary gender on the character. So I choose to let that out completely. It has no gender and no history. It mearly has the experience.

Thank you for taking the time and I hope to grow this into a full experience!

Pros:
  • interesting opening level w/o any visible platforms.
  • protagonist's actions felt good.
  • art style
  • general vibe of the game

Cons:
  • level scrolling is a bit jerky which I find annoying
  • similarly, there are some ticks in the audio which sound like artifacts. But I suppose this is intentional?

I'll keep an eye on this one  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Thank you! Yes the audio is still raw, it's a clicktrack to test the synchronizing of multiple tracks so I can author interactive music. (~3 tracks running parallel and fading in and out tension depending on the action... but it's still bare bones)

I'll try to update this non steam version too however priority will be the early access version that will be released on July 30. If anyone wants review keys, just let me know. The steam achievement and leaderboard systems are a great way to create meta content to play and I'm trying to make good use of that.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic