Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:34:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)What do you think about the art in my game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What do you think about the art in my game?  (Read 679 times)
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:30:17 AM »

I have created a game lately and want to hear people critique the art, since I already know it is not that cool.
It would be interesting to hear advice on the art.
Shipright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »

Its sort of bland in colors. Can you explain the mechanics a bit? That might inform us on why you went with what you did.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »

I wouldn't mind the bland colors if it wasn't because I can't tell what the level is supposed to be. It's obviously just tiles of specific types, but I have the feeling that being so abstract (graphics-wise) could potentially backfire. This is the kind of artwork that works better with either detailed and/or hand-drawn graphics (still keeping it monochrome).

So yeah, for now I'd focus more on how the foreground looks than in the background. The ink on paper look could be OK with good enough graphics, though.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:12:32 PM »

You could create a continuous wall with a wall tileset, using this bitwise method, for example:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9859.0
GSquadron
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys!
The game is a maze game called Ninja Ball and the player has to move around the ball and get through the door.
The shurikens have to be avoided since they hit the ball and make it return at the beginning of the level.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic