Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:56:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOperation Hardcore (2D action/platform shooter ) [Demo release]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Operation Hardcore (2D action/platform shooter ) [Demo release]  (Read 508 times)
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2015, 05:24:47 AM »

Greetings!

Ricardo "Keops" Chirino here, writing to you on behalf of both me and my teammate, Adam McLellan, to introduce you to our game, Operation Hardcore!

Operation Hardcore is an action-packed 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by classic twitchy action games of yesteryear, but with modern touches and conveniences.

Game Features:

• 8 levels of fiery, explosive alien-blasting mayhem
  • 3 playable badasses
  • analog controls for precise 360 degree aiming
  • modern sound design and electronic sound track by Snug
  • intense 3 player local co-op and death match
  • modern particle/atmospheric and lighting effects
  • persistent global score-board
  • multiple difficulty settings, upgrade paths and secret areas
  • achievements and unlockables for the overachieving, enterprising badass

We've been developing this game for the past few months, and to develop we're using Unity. We are aiming to release the final game in late 2015.

We’ve recently released our first public demo of Operation Hardcore, and after pouring a ton of effort into this so far, and we're thrilled to share it with as many people as possible, looking for feedback.

You can find more details about the demo in our demo download page.

If you like our game I also invite you to help us out on Steam Greenlight and spread the word!

We’re certainly very interested in hearing back from all of you. All kinds of comments and feedback welcome, as that will definitely help us improve the game and make it even better with each new build.

Hope you enjoy our game!  Beer!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
moomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »

The classic sidescroller feel is cool. At times I felt like I was back in college, attempting to beat Contra on only three lives!

The overall difficulty level is a bit high. I played the first level about 10 times before I got to the boss fight, at which point I was already out of lives and didn't have much of a chance against him, haha.

Some of the nuke drops are a little cheap, I think. It would be nice if there were a few light visual cues, even if for a split second, so that the player has a little chance to react to them. Likewise for the sinking piers; maybe an ever-so-slightly different "skin" for those? Maybe that's just my personal taste in terms of gameplay.

The nuke explosions linger a bit long as well. I died a few times not even realizing why, due to the lingering explosions. Perhaps rather than nerfing that feature, though, maybe just super emphasize the particle effects for them so that it's very obvious that the player shouldn't touch them?

The backstory could use a little love, too. I'm cool with understated storylines, but the storyline given at the beginning is so vague that I don't get drawn in much from it alone. Maybe give the players some names, or get into a wee bit of detail about why I, as a player, care about the badasses?

Overall, pretty cool! Interested to see where this goes.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:36:06 PM by moomat » Logged

Check out Junk E.T. at junketgame.com

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:19:34 PM »

Thanks for the feedback moomat, really appreciated!

We are compiling all feedback about the difficulty of the game and we're still planning on tweaking it. We are aiming for the game to be challenging, but not unfair.

We have also given consideration to improve the story, and we might revisit this aspect of the game before release.

Once again, thanks for playing the demo.

moomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 05:06:36 PM »

Yeah I hear that, about the difficulty. That's basically where we're at in our project, too.

If you get a chance, would you mind returning the favor? Smiley

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49284.0

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 06:45:49 PM »

Yeah I hear that, about the difficulty. That's basically where we're at in our project, too.

If you get a chance, would you mind returning the favor? Smiley

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49284.0

It'd be a pleasure! I'll be sure to write down my feedback in your topic!

EDIT: To play your game I need to sign into your forums and request access right? I'll be sure to do that, looks REALLY interesting. I love the concept and I like roguelikes, so I'll definitely jump onto it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:52:40 PM by Keops » Logged

moomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

Yeah we do have it throttled a bit in that way, for better or worse. It's the web site though not the forum.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic