Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:53:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPull My Tongue - Released!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Pull My Tongue - Released!  (Read 8040 times)
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »

One year ago I started working on a little idea I had and at the same time learn how to code in C#. So I have made everything in this game myself but am gonna have someone else do sounds and music. Before this I worked at Visual Dreams as the sole artist on games such as Herman the Hermit, Linkies Puzzle Rush and Slam Dunk Basketball. So I was used to Unity but not coding.

Anyway to the game, it is a simple puzzle game for mobile devices that is heavily inspired by games such as Cut the Rope, Pudding Monsters etc. The goal is to drag the chameleons (Greg) tongue through all the stars to the popcorn. I'm just gonna post some screens and gifs so you guys get the idea.

The game is about 70%ish done, I yet have to add some animations, more levels and the final sound and music.

Main Menu

World Select

Ingame Screenshot

Ingame Screenshot 2

Endscreen

Greg Interaction

Gregs animation rig

Thanks for reading!
//David
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:30:41 PM by Zilk » Logged
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:16:41 AM »

I finished up the logo animation for the main menu and figured I would record a little preview of the game, so here are a video of the logo, menus and the three first levels Smiley

Hope you like it! Smiley

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:42:25 AM »

That animation is just incredible! And so far Greg seems very responsive which I always look for in a puzzle game. Some personality! Smiley Could you give some insight into how the animation is working? I cannot tell if it is 3D or not...

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:51:45 AM »

JctWood: Thanks man Smiley Absolutely, the animation is made in 3D with rigged and skinned planes and then animated and brought into Unitys mechanim where it uses multi-directional blending etc to bring it to life. I'll post some images so you get the idea.

It is quite high end with a lot of bones and polygons but since that is the only thing in the scene that costs anything it doesn't really matter.

Seen from the side

Wireframe

Skeleton

Texture layout
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »

I finished up some character interactions today. Now you can scratch his back, poke both eyes and pull on his tail. Just for shits and giggles Smiley

dmarqs
Level 0

Making Graybles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »

Wow, this looks awesome! Loved the idea of the interactions with him! =D

Looking forward to see more of your project!

SafetySnail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

Gorgeous art and animations man, that rig is impressive. Keen to see some more gameplay.
vividhelix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »

The back scratch animation is just glorious. Well done! I'd suggest you extract the chameleon, add some silly sfx and make a short kids game from it. I know my kids would've enjoyed this when they were younger (plus I've seen and made simpler kids games that did just fine).

Lilou84x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »

Such great game you have here! Very impressed with the animation. At first I though you have done it with Spriter Pro, but didn't thin in Unity in the first place. My best wishes pal!
Mr. Levich
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:50 AM »

Yeah, interactions rock! I would love to see something like that in a game Smiley
And vividhelix is right - you might be able to make an additional game out of it

Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:39 AM »

This is very pretty!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words Smiley

I continued working on some animations that have been missing these last days. Still have some effects and tweaks left but here is a work-in-progress of when Greg gets a little to close to the zappers Smiley

Please forgive the heavy gif banding..

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 10:13:41 AM »

The finished Zapped animation with effects. I think it ended up quite nice

Watch youtube video for better quality

(Is there anyway to post youtube videos embedded?)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:22:50 AM by Zilk » Logged
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »

I have for a long time felt that the tongue was too stiff before the player starts pulling the tongue. I never figured out how to fix it though, but tonight I got a flash and fixed it in 10 minutes :D

To the small victories!
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 04:42:14 AM »

Working on levels creation right now so not much to post updates about. I however made a little gif showing the creation of Greg from sketch to animated ingame, just for fun Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 12:53:55 PM »

I added a new puzzle element today so I can build a bit more varied puzzles. The gum, it can hold the tongue so players can do other stuff. With this I can build puzzles in several "stages".

And the first level that will introduce it, gonna add a simple tutorial text but you get the point. The button activates the slider so it can be adjusted, therefor the tongue needs to hold it down with the help of the gum.

Follow me!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 11:01:17 PM »

I'm still working on level design and is therefor bumping into puzzle elements that needs to be improved and extended along the way. Yesterday I added a locked state to sliders so they can be activated with buttons.

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »

I really like this idea. If you can make the puzzles really interesting, I'm sure this will be a success. reminds me a lot of "cut the rope", but with different mechanics.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:38 AM »

I really like this idea. If you can make the puzzles really interesting, I'm sure this will be a success. reminds me a lot of "cut the rope", but with different mechanics.

Thanks! It is absolutely inspired by Cut the Rope since I think that game is genius.

I have really tried to make the levels as varied as possible, I'm currently working on levels for world 3. I have a few more ideas as well for world 4 and 5. Aiming for 90 levels with 45 designed, so I'm at least halfway :D
nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 02:37:55 AM »

90 levels sounds like a lot, especially since most players will probably never reach them (speaking from experience here).

Maybe you could save yourself some time by releasing the other levels as extra's later on?

nkm

P.S. the game looks really good!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic