Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:37:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesGuns. Limbs. GUNLIMB. [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Guns. Limbs. GUNLIMB. [FINISHED]  (Read 35427 times)
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:48:25 AM »

OKAY IT'S FINISHED FOR NOW

ugh. so freaking tired.

1.4 MB of pure Goodness. Badness. B-ness.
controls in readme file.

http://www.box.net/shared/t0sexmgo0f
DOWNLOAD NOW

They took his legs and arms. Now he's rearmed.
GUNS. LIMBS. GUNLIMB.

GUNLIMB takes inspiration from Sexy Hiking, Evil Dead 2 and the poster for that movie with the chick with the gun leg, then takes them about as far as they're gonna go.

It's a late entry and has absolutely nothing but concept at the moment - but because it's a B-game, I felt to truly capture the essense of a low-budget game I need some heavy time restrictions :D

Movement will only be possible from recoil. There will be a lot of gore and crap. yeah, that's about it.

Here's a previous game I've made that I would have entered if I hadn't already released it:
http://www.box.net/shared/lklj9sc2fl
It's called 'Bloody Gore'. Made with Game Maker.

ALSO: I'm doing animations for Cactus' game. Is it OK to have my own entry as well?

EDIT: Just made a basic platform movement engine. It's like Sexy Hiking but a hell of a lot easier to jump and climb. Glitchier though Tongue
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:18:30 AM by Derek » Logged

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:45:08 PM »

Bloody Gore is awesome. You are awesome.

I predict this will be the bloodiest game in the whole competition.
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:51:07 AM »

Thanks!!  Grin
And it'd better be the goriest game. I am going to go to great lengths to make sure that it is indeed the goriest. I have a reputation to hold (or make, as the case may be)!!

gameplay pic

EDIT: Added another gameplay pic! pretty good improvement for half hours work right? Tongue
EDIT: A third! I'm on a roll :D
EDIT: Okay I think I'm done for tonight x.x
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:22:47 AM by Radnom » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:16:57 AM »

Holy feckin' hell. Shocked

You did what Robert Rodriguez wish he had the balls to do! Kiss
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:42:18 AM »

Movement will only be possible from recoil.

*slaps forehead* Of course - no legs...

This is genius.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »

I hope your gore has a particle simulator, and if possible, this particle simulator does gore physics on a separate thread to ensure the ultimate in splishy-splashy realism.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 03:02:05 AM »

Thanks heaps guys! You're inspiring me to do a really good (bad?) job. Even though I'm supposed to make a C++ Connect 4 game and stuff for school by Tuesday, for some reason this is higher priority.

Some very high quality desktop images:

And a more full gameplay shot:

Note the motion blur. His face also does a different random expression every 2 seconds, but you can't really see it in this pic.

Also the game is entirely mouse-controlled... there aren't many full-mouse control platform shooters, if any, so the control scheme at the very least is at least slightly original.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:06:50 AM »

This looks awesome! I hope there are more human enemies, blobs can get very repetitive.  Can't wait to play it!

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wG2GcFbRoX0

Gameplay video :D It's about half done. Needs a pile more levels, bosses and maybe a couple more enemy types.

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »

Needs a pile more levels, bosses and maybe a couple more enemy types.

And sound! Seriously though, this looks great and I'm sure it's going to be real fun to play.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »

Looks awesome. Can't wait to play.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 08:49:42 PM »

Heh, I'll try and make the sounds tomorrow morning. With a mic and my vocal capabilities, of course  :D Don't expect too much quality in terms of sound.

One thing I don't think I mentioned is that the game is 100% mouse-controlled. And you can't see the cutscenes in the vid.

Thanks so much for the comments, I really appreciate them. Really makes me want to get the game done and finished.

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:27:07 AM »

Looks real sexy. That movie. <3

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 05:45:51 AM »

Maybe if you get the time, you could add some different limb types, like a shotgun or a bazooka, with slower firing rates traded for power. This really look interesting though.
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »

Already done that! Although it's hard to see in my crappy-quality video, he uses machine guns, submachine guns and shotguns at different times. machine guns are the best for horizontal movement because they have a fair amount of kickback, shotguns have heaps of kickback but with large pauses between and the SMGs have a huge rate of fire but don't push you back too much.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 05:36:43 AM »

OK after many hours of not-sleeping, it's finally done. If I miss school tomorrow because I'm still asleep, I'll sue!

or not. download link's in first post. so tiiired... probably uploaded an old version or forgot the EXE file or something silly. ah well. have fun with it.

there are two endings, and two bosses. it's very storyline driven. it's kind of a parody of a lot of things, like

>>Movies or games that rely soley on gore and blood for their entertainment value.
>>Indy games in general - the glitch dogs are pretty symbolic of the kinds of weird stuff we're used to seeing in indy games, that would annoy and confuse people used to better tested commercial games. Also the fact that indy games tend to take originality to new levels - whether or not those new levels are fun, or make sense.
>>Games/movies that take themselves FAR too seriously.
>>Anything and everything rushed to meet a deadline. The earlier enemies are much better designed graphically and gameplay-wise. The end-bosses, which were the last things I did, are terrible, in the best sense of the word. The cutscenes differ HEAVILY through the game as well.

uhh have fun. I know I did.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »

The awesomeness is great with this one.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Movius
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »

This game is ridiculously awesome.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »

Even though a bit frustrating at times, this is awesome.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »

Oh man, look at that download link. An obvious sign you need 'to sex M GoOF'.

That's probably M Bison's lame uncle or something.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic