Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:17:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDizzy Fly - our new old-school, dungeon themed arcade game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Fly - our new old-school, dungeon themed arcade game  (Read 451 times)
RakunGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »

Hi forum dwellers! Smiley

We are "Rakun Games" (http://rakungames.com) - new/young group a of friends that is trying hard in area of gamedev and design, we love what we do and we do it with love. Smiley

We would like to share our new android game 'Dizzy Fly': https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moldycookie.dizzyfly.android

Please take a look and give it a try. We would highly appreciate any constructive comment and criticism about gameplay, general look and feel, or simply a thought about our new game.

It's an arcade game with old-school look and feel: simple in sight and controls yet challenging (quite steep skill curve, hardcore levels).

Horrible spiders captured our hero girlfriend. The hero must go through endless hallways of dungeons, obstacles, traps and tasks to save his beloved. He needs your help to cope with all the challenges.
Features:
* 25 challenging, tricky and hard levels;
* Real challenge of your skill;
* One touch controls: touch to change direction;
* Beautiful pixel graphics;
* Various enemies and traps;
* Free play.

Warning: extremely addictive and very hardcore game! =)

Good luck and have fun! Smiley
bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »

I tried this and I thought it was pretty neat. The game play is enjoyable the controls precise, whenever I died it felt like it was my fault.

The music fit the game well.

Sometimes the levels get a bit busy and the items kind of blend in. Initially I thought the ads were too frequent but after playing for a while they seem less I trustee.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:59:17 AM by bornander » Logged

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
RakunGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »

I tried this and I thought it was pretty nest. The game play is enjoyable the controls precise, whenever I died it felt like it was my fault.

The music fit the game well.

Sometimes the levels get a bit busy and the items kind of blend in. Initially I thought the ads were too frequent but after playing for a while they seem less I trustee.

Do items "blend in" in good or bad sense? Smiley
And yes, adds are quite rare in the game.

Thanks for your reply!

schouffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 04:25:19 AM »

I played for a 10 minutes.
The gameplay works indeed. It's stupid but it works and it's precise and fun enough Smiley

One thing i found bad was the prompt to watch an ad to get a checkpoint, it's totally unexpected and i died because of it. The checkpoint itself has also this issue although less importantly.

Also some starting points seem unfair. In a narrow corridor it's easy to navigate once you're in the flow of the game, but when it starts it's hard to feel when to turn.

Musics do fit, but you need more of them because you often hear the same. Then again, i think most players play without the sound on..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic