Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:06:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMr Legs, free prototype game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mr Legs, free prototype game  (Read 626 times)
Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:22 AM »

I have this old prototype version of one of the characters in my new game "perfect universe".

It suddenly occurred to me that there maybe people here who would like to play through it Smiley

http://willsykesgames.com/Downloads/MrLegsPrototype.rar

it's a very strange prototype where you control the characters legs directly and it REQUIRES A GAMEPAD

if you are not sure a video can be found here:

Enjoy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:50:33 AM by Will Sykes » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »

Why doesn't quitting actually quit the game? I had to press Escape.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. Walking feels surprisingly good. I couldn't manage to fling myself into the air like you do in the video, though. No matter how much I tried, the character only performed short hops (except once or twice where it jumped farther but I had no idea how I'd done it).

I couldn't get past the spikes in level 2 because of that. Am I missing something. I know I can make my feet sticky. Is there a way to become springier or something?

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

Why doesn't quitting actually quit the game? I had to press Escape.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. Walking feels surprisingly good. I couldn't manage to fling myself into the air like you do in the video, though. No matter how much I tried, the character only performed short hops (except once or twice where it jumped farther but I had no idea how I'd done it).

I couldn't get past the spikes in level 2 because of that. Am I missing something. I know I can make my feet sticky. Is there a way to become springier or something?

big jumps are all about the speed you move your feet, move your foot all the way up (hold up), then very quickly all the way down. also if you wanna do super jump, move your foot up, then press the bumper button (this will allow it to go higher), then quickly move it all the way down Smiley

glad you liked it.. the new (proper) version of the game is only 1 out of 9 games in perfect universe, but is much more polished and controllable.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »

big jumps are all about the speed you move your feet, move your foot all the way up (hold up), then very quickly all the way down.

That's what I was doing, but it only gave me a little hop. I only got maybe 2/3 of the way across that spike pit.

The triggers don't seem to do anything at all for me.

Anyway, it seems I just wasn't moving the thumbsticks fast enough. Trying to use them just a little bit faster got me across the pit. I like this. It's sort of feels like a more accessible version of QWOP.

I don't really like the climbing, though. Its limbs don't always go in the direction I'm telling them to, as if they're being restricted somehow. That's a bit frustrating and I stopped playing when I came to another wall I was meant to climb, but other than that it's good.

Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »

big jumps are all about the speed you move your feet, move your foot all the way up (hold up), then very quickly all the way down.

That's what I was doing, but it only gave me a little hop. I only got maybe 2/3 of the way across that spike pit.

The triggers don't seem to do anything at all for me.

Anyway, it seems I just wasn't moving the thumbsticks fast enough. Trying to use them just a little bit faster got me across the pit. I like this. It's sort of feels like a more accessible version of QWOP.

I don't really like the climbing, though. Its limbs don't always go in the direction I'm telling them to, as if they're being restricted somehow. That's a bit frustrating and I stopped playing when I came to another wall I was meant to climb, but other than that it's good.

Thank you very much for trying it out and for the feedback, I shall be playing some Quicksand games tomorrow Smiley
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 06:42:26 PM »

I shall be playing some Quicksand games tomorrow Smiley

lol. Well, there's just the one so far and it's pretty old now. That said, I still think it's pretty fun once you get used to how it works, so hopefully you'll enjoy it.

nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »

Looks good but unfortunately I don't have a Xbox360 controller.
Are you planning to add keyboard/mouse controls?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic