Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:05:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDad Quest
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Dad Quest  (Read 16934 times)
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »

Eyeseeyou
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:57:25 PM by Eric Winebrenner » Logged

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »

I like the idea with the eyes in the background! I was wondering why you don't have them really follow the character, would be rather easy to do and would probably look even cooler Smiley (although he definitely should be looking ahead when saying: not like mine)

Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »

Haha yeah I don't know why I didn't think of that. I agree!

Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »

Desert Temple
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:56:58 PM by Eric Winebrenner » Logged

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »

Hilarious, simply hilarious. Will play.

Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »

Hey, check out this owl

Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:16 AM »

The DadQuest KickStarter is live!
Check it out and share with your friends! Every little thing counts!
We love you all <3

>> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376104797/dad-quest <<

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2015, 05:49:00 AM »

We love you all <3

Ugh  Shocked, please don't. That sort of statement make me shudder by its falseness.

Otherwise, presentation is top notch except for the bars which look very unfinished/unpolished compared to the rest which is superbly executed.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

Self proving statement.
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2015, 09:07:50 AM »

Ugh  Shocked, please don't. That sort of statement make me shudder by its falseness.

Otherwise, presentation is top notch except for the bars which look very unfinished/unpolished compared to the rest which is superbly executed.

Thanks for the feedback! Though I disagree with your assumption that I'm being disingenuous with my statement. I really do love the tigsource community, which is by and large a group of positive, passionate game developers Smiley

Canned Turkey
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »

Right back at you Hand Thumbs Up Right

This game is hilarious by the way.
RyanHuggins
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »

<3 We're happy people have liked the game so far! We've worked pretty hard on it!

Who knew a kickstarter could be so difficult to make...

Codebread
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »

Hey guys! I've been following this game for a few weeks now and it's hilarious. I'm gonna back you guys soon, I really hope it works out for you.

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but I have some advice that helped us out with our Kickstarter (which was asking for $7000, only a smidgen less than yours). We had our demo completed at the time and were giving it to people at the end of the Kickstarter if they donated at least $5, which was the minimum tier and got their name in the credits. We were getting a lot of feedback from people saying that they were interested, but wanted to play the game before deciding whether or not to back us. So a few days in we removed the paywall for our demo and released it for free. (I linked our Kickstarter above, one of the early updates talks about this. Just so you know I'm not trying to score a free demo or something)

It's hard to say if it would translate into more backers for you, but it certainly gets word of mouth out faster if someone plays it, loves it, and decides to send the link to their friends. Take it or leave it, I just thought I'd share Smiley

Anyway, as a fellow small student team trying to make a dream into reality, good luck and I hope you succeed!
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »

Hey guys! I've been following this game for a few weeks now and it's hilarious. I'm gonna back you guys soon, I really hope it works out for you.

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but I have some advice that helped us out with our Kickstarter (which was asking for $7000, only a smidgen less than yours). We had our demo completed at the time and were giving it to people at the end of the Kickstarter if they donated at least $5, which was the minimum tier and got their name in the credits. We were getting a lot of feedback from people saying that they were interested, but wanted to play the game before deciding whether or not to back us. So a few days in we removed the paywall for our demo and released it for free. (I linked our Kickstarter above, one of the early updates talks about this. Just so you know I'm not trying to score a free demo or something)

It's hard to say if it would translate into more backers for you, but it certainly gets word of mouth out faster if someone plays it, loves it, and decides to send the link to their friends. Take it or leave it, I just thought I'd share Smiley

Anyway, as a fellow small student team trying to make a dream into reality, good luck and I hope you succeed!

Thanks for the feedback and your future pledge! Super Daryl Deluxe looks super cool! We were on the fence about whether to release a demo first, release a demo as a reward, or not release it at all, but we eventually decided on making it a reward. We haven't gotten people wanting to play the demo before making a decision like you did, at least not yet. What you say is valid, but at this point, it wouldn't be fair to those who've already backed at the demo tier to change it.
Anyway, it's inspiring seeing other students who have run a successful Kickstarter! Cheers  Beer!

Codebread
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »

Yeah changing a tier mid-campaign is really tough. We were lucky in that no one had gotten that tier specifically yet, so we just removed it.

You guys are getting closer though, so that's awesome!

What are your plans if Kickstarter doesn't work out?
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2015, 09:19:38 AM »

What are your plans if Kickstarter doesn't work out?

I'm quite good at not getting overly invested in a single project, but I don't want to completely abandon Dad Quest, so if we fail and can't get funding from anywhere else then we'll most likely down scope significantly and release it as a smaller game. In some ways a failed Kickstarter is a sign that nobody will buy the game when it's released, but we'll release something regardless (though it won't be our original vision outlined in the Kickstarter)

Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »

A cultist child can learn a lot from the Frat House

TamaraRyan
Level 0

none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »

This is awesome, please make a unlockable or DLC with Mom Quest. Smiley

Professional Voice Actress at your service: http://www.tamararyanvo.com/
Abatron - a FPS/RTS hybrid game: http://www.abatrongame.com/
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2015, 03:19:21 AM »

[in reassuring baritone] GO Long, Son
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »

This is awesome, please make a unlockable or DLC with Mom Quest. Smiley

Thanks! There are no Moms in the world of Dad Quest. There ARE female dads though, and we will be making one playable Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic