Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:38:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRising Thunder
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rising Thunder  (Read 1085 times)
Dragonmaw
« on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »

Let's talk about Seth Killian's fighting game minus all that execution complexity, and how it's super great and super frustrating.
majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:36:59 AM »

ive only played it in training mode, since it runs 5-10 fps on my laptop. so far i like how edge plays like.

obligatory video

W H Y   M E
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:43:30 AM »

I was that salty tonight, only instead of blaming the game I blamed myself for being bad.

Sometimes fighting games just bring the worst out in you.

That said, Rising Thunder is very good already, mostly because the removal of execution complexity makes every match actually about mindgames and not about long combos or flubbing inputs.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:49:47 AM »

combos was originally a programming mistake in mario
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »

So good. I hope I get in soon, my brother is already rocking it.

Talos is such a beast. Throw character that looks like Roman Centurion + Iron Man, sounds like Ahnuld and moves like an angry Gorilla. Amazing.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

Talos is a fuckface and anybody who mains him should be thrown into a muddy field and stranded there.

(He directly counters Dauntless and it's extremely frustrating)
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »

MAGNETISCH
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »

ive only played it in training mode, since it runs 5-10 fps on my laptop. so far i like how edge plays like.

obligatory video

That was kind of amazing. Reading through the youtube comments, apparently he kept his rage going and took it to reddit where he went off on people, before deleting his twitch and some other (?) accounts. Kinda goes to show that despite Twitch creating a 'cottage' industry of entertainers, some people really are not ready to be in the public eye.
And that "venting" does little but work you up further.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »

for some reason, having all my graphical settings on low doesn't look well compared to having resolution and anti aliasing quality to medium but everything else is low. I guess its because the resolution quality and AA has the animation come out smoother.

was fooling around with crow, i really like his mix-ups n shit. he's the only character i can get juggles with consistently(and that's now playing on 15 frames per second).

I also tried to pick up vlad, but i dont know what i want out of him yet.his hover into heavy seems like a nice jump in, but ill probably get stuffed by an anti air

W H Y   M E
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:48:39 AM »

I played this a ton this weekend and I'm loving it. Funny how this technical alpha is an order of magnitude more stable than the SFV beta. I get into a decent ping game usually in under 30 seconds and sometimes it's near instantaneous.

I'm pretty much only playing Crow right now.

The biggest issue right now is none of my 4 fightsticks work with this game. When I use joy2key it still doesnt work because the game attempts to access the joystick then ignores all signals which kind of block out joy2key as best as I can tell. I'm playing on a xbox360 gamepad and it's pretty brutal. Fighting games with an analog stick are not ideal, I have a lot of trouble double tapping to dash. Because of that I'm pretty much only kinetic jumping because it only requires you to be holding up during a k-cancellable move.

But hey, it's an alpha and it actually works so I'm not gonna complain too much Smiley

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 03:03:55 PM »

I'm in! Looking at Dauntless and Vlad at the moment. Will report back once I'm home and can practice with my arcade stick or game pad - notebook keyboard is pretty rough  Waaagh!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic