Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:20:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRift In the Prophecy, aka R.I.P, an Tactical MMORPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rift In the Prophecy, aka R.I.P, an Tactical MMORPG  (Read 1119 times)
SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:06:55 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Simon, am the project manager and main programmer on the Rip project, a tactical MMORPG. The whole thing is build on JME3, a 3D open sourced java game engine. I have been working on the whole thing for more then a year now and have recently started to do some massive recruiting to fill the position needed to make the game something big. Here is the last demo we did as a team:

We are right now looking mostly for Java programmers and 3D animaters, but am open to anyone willing to help who have some experience in concept art, map editing, ect. For more information, like the story, gameplay and more, you can go find us on the main post made on the JME forum.

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/t/project-rift-in-the-prophecy-tactical-mmorpg/32134

Hope you enjoy  Beer!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:25:59 AM by SimonKhan » Logged
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:37:24 AM »

Looks pretty cool! Any plans for a playable demo? Also, how's working with that open source engine? Any particular reason you choose that over Unity/Unreal?

SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »

Thanks! For the demo its only use for private testing at the moment, but we plan to create a little open testing server in maybe 3-4 months, less if I can get some help.

At first I decided to go whit JME because it was in Java, and I really love Java xD Then I realise open source was very very versatile. As a programmer, I can pretty much do whatever I want whit JME, and even if it takes more time to develop some aspect of the game, in the end, I have a product that I can evolve faster and on which I have more control and flexibility, plus the manual optimization the engine's usually lack and MMo's needs.

Also, mainstream game engines usually don’t work well when you try to go out of their bounds, and a tactical MMo’s aren't very mainstream. Finaly, and it might sound silly, but saying you have work with code instead of tools usually look better on a CV, at lest for programmation. Right now am having my first internship at broad, mostly cause of my work on the game :p
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:43:29 AM »

Thanks! For the demo its only use for private testing at the moment, but we plan to create a little open testing server in maybe 3-4 months, less if I can get some help.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that open testing! And ahh makes sense, you need the flexibility of modifying the engine to the project's needs as it evolves. Makes sense. Smiley

SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:32 AM »

Hello everyone! Just to inform you that sprint 2 is doing great so far! We have added tons of stuff like obstacle, one new character, we are building some of the sub character and il soon finish the integration of the multi account combat and build the turn display interface. But those things are just bla bla and the demo will be coming soon enough, am here to show you some of the concept art we now have :

Edit ( look like am having some problems whit the image display xD Just click on them to see...
Also if anyone could help me get rid of the problem, please do xD

This is the berzeker, the hand-to-hand combat unit base on the batman bane, using serums to boots is strengh and you know, all the good stuff :p

Hope you enjoy, those model have been done by Carl, your concept art. You can find mor of is work right here : http://zombiscuit.tumblr.com
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:10:15 AM »

Character artwork looks beautiful! As does the art on your Tumblr Smiley Great work!

SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:41:18 AM »

Thanks! But that ain't from me :p Am in charge of the coding and management, those concepts are from Carl, our concept artist. But I'll pass im your kinds words x)
SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 03:17:45 AM »

Hello everyone, here is a little news before the end of the sprint video that should arrive next week
We have made a little thing showing you’re the map editor, using a new tune that your sound artist have compose.

Hope you like it :p We are still looking for someone to help us work on the editor, as am mainly focus on the core mechanic right now and won’t have the time to do more on this tool that could really became cool whit some work.
SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 12:27:20 AM »

Hello Everyone!  Gentleman

The sprint 2 is now finish and same for the presentation video x) One day later than the schedule, but oh well, we have multiple angles filming and a blooper video (in french tho¬) so I believe its pretty worth :p. Here are both video :

Alpha 5.0 presentation:

Blooper video ( French) :

Anyway, you probably saw some of the stuff we did in my last post, but here is the full log of the second iteration.

- Creation of the town track
 - Creation of the Berzeker concept art
 - Creation of the Berzeker orthographic art
 - Rework and bug correction on the CME (Combat map Editor)
 - Integration of the multi combat layout and obstacle in the CME
 - Integration of the obstacles mechanic in server
 - Integration of the obstacles mechanic in client
 - Adding of some obstacle assets.
 - Correction and optimization of the turns beginning effects.
 - Player can now join a combat in placement phase.
Minor graphique update like :
  - Tile and lines are now thinner.
  - Some change in the camera angles and zoom
  - The world map and combat map are now bigger
 - Beginning of the Bouclar character conception, a mage using both explosive and barricade to have a tactical control on the map (the name might change, if you have suggestions am in :p
 - Multiple code refactoring, including some work on passive and active effect, harmonisation of packet on both client and server.
 - Begening of the combat interface creation, the theme of the next iteration.

So this is it, we won’t do the inventory mechanic next sprint as I first stated, because after some testing we found out that the biggest lack we had was on the information display, and it’s even truer whit multiple account in the combat.
I hope you enjoy, and see you soon for more update :p
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic