Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:58:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioThe Swindle OST Extended
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Swindle OST Extended  (Read 1626 times)
tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:21:28 AM »

Hello, heeeelllooooo there TIGForums,

It's been a bloooomin' long time to get the game done, but The Swindle has finally been released. I know Dan (Marshall) has been deliberating over things for years now, but is thankfully out and about.

In case any of you happened to like the game, I thought I'd point you in the direction of the new OST that I've been working on:

http://tobeyevans.bandcamp.com/album/the-swindle-ost-extended

It's definitely not for everyone, and in all honesty it can drive you a bit bonkers. Just thought it would be nice for those interested to have a listen.

Thank you guys,
Tobey

Shamefully, I've been a fairly long-time user here, but have never really felt like I've been able to contribute. I will endeavour to try to be a bit more active. What I will say is that posting on these forums is incredibly easy - UI buttons are great!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:38:45 AM by tbe » Logged
tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:33:35 AM »

Thought it would be fitting to drop some codes in here too:

pjk9-6mkj
rf3z-y6tk
adxk-7kf9
kvyv-336n
k9t8-x49j

Smiley

Thanks guys

EDIT:
I'll be deleting codes as they go. Updated on 18/08/2015 15:16 GMT
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:17:10 AM by tbe » Logged
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »

Great job, man! Your piano pieces are fan-f'ing-tastic. So much emotion and movement in them. Did you go to school for piano? Or are you classically trained? Trained at all? I'm just really impressed. My favorites, by far, are Ragtime Bot, and Piano Study in BotFlat Major.

Pete301
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

That's some really nice music. I share Jasmine's love for the piano pieces, so very upbeat and jazzy, it really fits the art-style.
tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:29:32 AM »

Great job, man! Your piano pieces are fan-f'ing-tastic. So much emotion and movement in them. Did you go to school for piano? Or are you classically trained? Trained at all? I'm just really impressed. My favorites, by far, are Ragtime Bot, and Piano Study in BotFlat Major.

That's some really nice music. I share Jasmine's love for the piano pieces, so very upbeat and jazzy, it really fits the art-style.

Thank you so much. Really appreciated!

Those are some of my favourites too, along with Viccy Circus and The Rose And Crown.
I did indeed do lessons once upon a time and performed a bit when I was younger (mainly jazz), but lost my confidence in live performance. I know the pieces don't strictly follow traditional chord or melody structure, but I'd like to think studying music harmony has helped a huge deal.

Thank you guys. Is always lovely reading nice things about the tracks.
FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 07:31:44 AM »

Second that with the piano! I love me a good chord progression.

-Felix

tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:16:21 AM »

Second that with the piano! I love me a good chord progression.

-Felix

Thanks Felix.
Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »

I just watched a "WTF is?" by Totalbiscuit about the Swindle and he praised the soundtrack, that's pretty cool! (although he gets distracted by the gameplay a litte ^^) The game looks awesome and your music fits the heist/steampunk theme wonderfully. Great work!

Cakeprediction
Level 1

I'm not too sure what to put here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:10:21 AM »

I absolutely adore this entire soundtrack <3
Been listening to it for two days straight, it's great stuff :D

Huge Swords and Tentacles Devlog
"If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy"
"You have to tell your hands to freaking do the stuff until your hands know it by their tiny hand hearts"
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 06:14:16 AM »

Hey congrats on the soundtrack, and all the love you're getting Tobey! Kiss

tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 06:27:50 AM »

I just watched a "WTF is?" by Totalbiscuit about the Swindle and he praised the soundtrack, that's pretty cool! (although he gets distracted by the gameplay a litte ^^) The game looks awesome and your music fits the heist/steampunk theme wonderfully. Great work!

Hahaaa, thanks, and thank you for sharing this. Just had a watch of the WTF - honestly I think anyone who can maintain constant understandable speaking while playing the game at the same time is a really rather talented person.
You did Battle Brothers right? Serious work you've done there! It's great! I LOVE that opening to "Orc Battle 2".

I absolutely adore this entire soundtrack <3
Been listening to it for two days straight, it's great stuff :D

Thanks dude. Really pleased you're enjoying it.
tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 06:29:27 AM »

Hey congrats on the soundtrack, and all the love you're getting Tobey! Kiss

Hey Clark, thanks. You are fab!
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 10:32:23 PM »

Wow! Watched the WTF as well and the game went straight onto my wishlist! I definitely get it and the OST now that I've listened to your soundtrack!

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:08 PM »

Me again: You totally killed it 1:30 into "Viggy Circus"! Kinda reminiscent of Igorrr in case you know him (probably because of the slightly off time kick).

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 01:43:13 AM »

Listening now. Excellent, Tobey! :-)

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
tbe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »

Wow! Watched the WTF as well and the game went straight onto my wishlist! I definitely get it and the OST now that I've listened to your soundtrack!
Me again: You totally killed it 1:30 into "Viggy Circus"! Kinda reminiscent of Igorrr in case you know him (probably because of the slightly off time kick).

Thanks Michael, what a wonderful compliment. Really glad you like Viccy Circus. Though if I were to EVER pull off anything near to Hallelujah by Igorrr, I would certainly die a happy chap - that guy is incredible. Really enjoyed your Marcelines Jam btw - that slight outOfTuneNess works really nicely  Smiley

Listening now. Excellent, Tobey! :-)

Thanks Sid. As you know, I think your Antichamber and Out There albums are fab!
Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »

Hahaaa, thanks, and thank you for sharing this. Just had a watch of the WTF - honestly I think anyone who can maintain constant understandable speaking while playing the game at the same time is a really rather talented person.
You did Battle Brothers right? Serious work you've done there! It's great! I LOVE that opening to "Orc Battle 2". 

Hi Tobey!
Yep, that's us (me + a friend) doing the Battlebrothers soundtrack and I wrote the second Orc Battle track so I'm especially happy you enjoyed my 5/8 antics in the beginning! I came back to your bandcamp page a few times to listen to the Swindle OST so I finally went ahead and bought it. The outstanding "Piano study in bot flat minor" made me pull the trigger Wink
Cheers,
Patrick

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic