Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:55:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)3D thread
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 192
Print
Author Topic: 3D thread  (Read 937127 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3460 on: October 05, 2015, 04:25:34 AM »

yay hair

she pretty  Panda

shellbot
« Reply #3461 on: October 05, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

yay hair

My god... is that a female wearing actual body armor.

Somebody get me the president of videogames on the line
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 05, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »

But ther would be afro hair (not just "afro" hairstyle, fuck english)

Yes! I agree... I think it'd be awesome to have curly, messy hair. Or if you have black characters, beautiful natural black hairstyles. I think aesthetically it has more visual interest and movement to it, but that's just me...

I've been trying to model a shoe for the past like 6 hours, and finally made something that I'm happy with:

I really, really wanted to make the shoe match up very closely to my reference but basketball, tennis, and running shoes have very complex topology to them... maybe next shoe! Also I didn't texture them, I think I'll leave them naked... and maybe next time I'll try to correctly lace the laces.

I have a vague idea of shoes on a plate with the strings curling around like spaghetti noodles, but we'll see.

from a different angle:

All in all, happy with how it turned out! I'd say not bad for a 3rd attempt ;p

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3463 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »

The hair system I'm using has settings for frizz/curl and volume, I'm going to give players access to those values through sliders, it should enable players to build some very afro hair styles

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 11, 2015, 03:06:17 AM »

The hair system I'm using has settings for frizz/curl and volume, I'm going to give players access to those values through sliders, it should enable players to build some very afro hair styles

Very cool! I can't even think of a game that has hair customization beyond pre-made modular hair styles and colors. So having hair sliders would be exciting! Looking forward to it Smiley

A location in my game is based around lamps/light bulbs, and I thought that instead of using multiple lamps of the same type, I'd make every lamp unique. I figure 20 or so lamps will be sufficient, of which I have 12 done/close to done...

I basically used a photo of lamps from google for every lamp thus far, but I made one based on a lamp in my house:

This lamp is very old! But the shade is pretty new.

Chip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3465 on: October 12, 2015, 12:23:35 AM »

What I've been doing these days

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3466 on: October 12, 2015, 06:22:10 AM »

that face seems to suffer a bit from 'looks mostly good from the front' syndrome. would you like some pointers or do you like it as is / feel confident you can figure it out on your own?
Chip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3467 on: October 12, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »

that face seems to suffer a bit from 'looks mostly good from the front' syndrome. would you like some pointers or do you like it as is / feel confident you can figure it out on your own?

Yes yes! You're right. I thought it was just me but it really looks weird. I would love some advice, thank you.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 12, 2015, 07:40:02 AM »

I like that this kind of 3D is taking of

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3469 on: October 13, 2015, 01:42:03 AM »

here you go. I think you've approached the human body as a too simply shaped symmetrical form. While a human seen from the front indeed is quite symmetrical, from the side this isn't true at all.

You've modeled a head shape that looks good seen from the front, then made it rotationally symmetric, which messes up the profile; the head tapers down at the sides which makes sense seen from the front, but when the face tapers down it looks really uncomfortable.

My edit is super simple: I rotated the head back and gave the character a jaw. That's it, mostly!

While looking at it I noticed that the shoulder is right in the middle of the torso. That also doesn't look very comfortable.

Generally it looks like a model that was modeled to look good from the front and then the side view just sort of happened as a result making it be weirdly shaped and have things be much more symmetrical and centered than they would be in real life.

You're 5 minutes of image googling away from reference on how a human body looks in profile, so you should do that if you ever feel unsure! You'll learn in the process and eventually you won't have to look for reference as much, but definitely do do it at this point, don't be shy! Get in the habit. It's a good habit. You'd find out pretty easy that most heads don't have the forehead weighing over the rest of the face, that people generally have defined jaws and that arms don't hang from the middle of the torso.

Good luck! I love this character design. It looks ultra cute from the front, so it definitely should look as cute from the side too.

I hope this helps you out right now and in the future!

(additional note: I noticed right now, but, try to make the back connect more smoothly to the neck! there's a notch in it which IS present in many people (with bad computer posture) but i'm not sure it's intentional)

cheers kisses bye <3
Chip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3470 on: October 13, 2015, 06:18:14 AM »

I just learned a lot with your post, I can't thank you enough!!! Thanks a ton Jad!

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 20, 2015, 05:26:20 AM »

I love my cows.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3472 on: October 20, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 21, 2015, 04:34:17 AM »

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3474 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:20 AM »

:D

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 23, 2015, 07:03:19 AM »

found old neglected stuff, probably should post it somewhere:
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 23, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »

I like that though

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 27, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »

Yeah those look really cool! It's like a less anime version of the art style of Megaman Legends.

I'm coming up on nearly a year since I've been working on Frog Days. I'm working towards a gameplay demonstration with all current artwork in the game, so I'm redoing the first location I finished back then.

I was but a baby at 3d modeling...

*Honey bee, circa 12/26/2014. Hey, it was the best I could do, I swear!

*Honey bee, 10/27/2015. Work in progress!

Very happy with the improvements. Excited for another year of Blendering. Toast Right

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3478 on: October 31, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »

Im sure this isnt too impressive, but hey. I made a Silent Hill inspired building why not

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: November 15, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 192
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic