Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:26:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLecherous - Metroidvania with a bit of Gaiden
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lecherous - Metroidvania with a bit of Gaiden  (Read 1450 times)
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »

LECHEROUS

Sup. This my current project "Lecherous". The story of a myhtological succubus queen sealed inside a prison created by Holy men. You explore this prison in search of an escape. Think Metroid Ninja Gaiden Vania

Explore

The game is minimalistic and looks as if its being played on an old analog TV complete with scan lines.

The entire game takes place in one master "Room" for you to explore (aside from a few bosses etc..). but gives the illusion of being multiple rooms. very much like ninja gaiden for the nes.

*Note the master room will be much bigger when I'm done.

ETC ETC

1. I'm trying to be a unique as possible with this project. There will be no generic/expected creatures (skeletons with swords, bats, spiders etc...). Further more I don't plan on using the same creatures more than once per area of the prison.

2. The game will be a challenging. You're not just going to be able to hold "Z" and plow through this game.

3. The game won't hold your hand either. Much like the original megaman the player is taught how to play via gameplay. Not an over abundance of texty prompts. Hand Joystick You'll be wall sliding, eating souls, and flying all by yourself.

misc screens

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:52:47 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:36:21 PM »

Not giving out a demo. Here's a vid of the intro area, and part of area 1.

no sound. Btw.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »

I've added a save feature. The game auto saves when you go through a hall between areas.
holy symbols kill Agrat instantly taking one life. Once you've run out youare sent back to the save point with
full health.

Catacombs are going to be a recurring "area type" throughout the game. They are dark and Agrat uses her night vision to see.
In these areas it's best to go slow.

No two areas will be the same. Even when backtracking they will change.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 08:08:16 AM »

Really liked the CRT/scan line effect on early gifs. This looks really cool and the concept of rooms always changing makes my head hurt but sounds really fun and almost puzzley.

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »

Looks like it could be pretty cool! Digging the design philosophy you've got going for it so far.

Also the fog of war effect in the Catacombs looks great!

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

@JctWood. Thanks! CRT effect caused the game to glitch out, but I fixed it today, CRT effect is back.

*The changes will be small when backtracking (tile changes, a new bosses appearing. etc), hopfully they wont cause head aches!

@TurboGun. Thanks! and Also Thanks!

-------

CRT/Analog Effect returns.

Other than all that jazz. . .

Added an opening cutscene. It tells the player how terrifying Agrat really is.

I've been coming up with new areas and deciding where to put them on the map.

Coming up with more attacks and abilities. All of which will be useful at more than one point of the game.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:13:39 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »

I'm expanding the map, still not even close to how big I want it. I'm gonna finish the map/create the areas FIRST then add the baddies.

One of the new areas is a vania style clocktower type area. sketching up some baddies/traps that would fit this area. I'm thinking I'll make each area of the map a nod to another game I'm inspired by.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »

Prison map is still growing.

Added some Underwater stuff. Agrat turns into mermaid when she's underwater. I also added the first sub/secondary attack "Maggot Queen" (up+attack) similar to sub attacks in castlevania and ninja gaiden.

Maggot Queen allows you to spawn a nest of maggots that drop from the top of the screen. It doesn't brake the game. There's an input buffer and a cool off time.

Right now graphic-wise everything is pretty bare bones. The polish will come later of course.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:03:15 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

ironfroggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

I love the character and the scanlines effect. Very NES feeling! Some of the larger images don't seem to fit that old console feel. Are you planning to make any alterations to them in that regard?
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »

I love the character and the scanlines effect. Very NES feeling! Some of the larger images don't seem to fit that old console feel. Are you planning to make any alterations to them in that regard?

Thanks! that's what I was going for! By larger images do you mean the pictures of the world map/prison? because those are just print screens of the Game Maker room editor, they aren't in game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic