Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:49:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhere should i publish my first game ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Where should i publish my first game ?  (Read 1264 times)
Hassan_42
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

Hello i'v just done my first game via game maker studio for android and i still confused where should i begin showing my game for people?any advice ?  Concerned
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:49:23 AM »

Definitely Itch.io. Itch is an excellent site that hosts games for free and has a large community - so tons of people will play your game. You can customize your game's page pretty thoroughly also. Also check out IndieDB and GameJolt.

@Alex@
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »

If it's for Android the obvious choices are Google Play, though it's very saturated or Amazon AppStore which has a bit of quality control so it isn't quite as saturated.
Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »

Definitely Itch.io. Itch is an excellent site that hosts games for free and has a large community - so tons of people will play your game. You can customize your game's page pretty thoroughly also. Also check out IndieDB and GameJolt.

Depends if you want to get money or players?
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »

Depends if you want to get money or players?

I think Game Jolt and IndieDB have to be free, while Itch.io has tons of pricing flexibility. Each community obviously offers players and I'm pretty sure you can upload free demos to Game Jolt and IndieDB if you want.

Peaumur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »

It's pretty hard to promote your game on itch.io and indiedb.
My advice - is to make html5 version of your game (not full version - just little finished part) and post it on newgrounds. About 1 000 views are guaranteed Smiley) if your game is really cool you will get even more views/plays.

Welcome to my game's page:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/if-only
Wink)
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 04:47:39 AM »

It's pretty hard to promote your game on itch.io and indiedb.
My advice - is to make html5 version of your game (not full version - just little finished part) and post it on newgrounds. About 1 000 views are guaranteed Smiley) if your game is really cool you will get even more views/plays.

On IndieDB, we found that posting blog and news updates weekly to bi-weekly helps drive a lot of traffic to the page. Smiley But posting to "Flash" portals is definitely an excellent idea also! We're releasing a public alpha for our game soon. Do you think posting pre-production demos (alpha/beta) to Flash portals would be okay? Or should we only post demos of the final product to such sites?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic