Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:42:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsVisual Basic Game Programming Tutorial
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Visual Basic Game Programming Tutorial  (Read 1384 times)
Tholek
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:19:42 PM »

Introduction

So let me quickly introduce my self quickly, my name is Ricki but you can all call me Rick.
I have been wanting to learn game development for a very long time now and I think now as come the time where I would like to learn, and learn with a community such as TIG. I will be under going a few projects and at the end hopefully come up with a actual RPG game. Just so you know I know nothing with visual basic, and yes visual basic is the language I would like to learn for some reason I don't know.

I will try and do this at the best of my ability by researching and asking questions to other experiences visual basic members, now moving on.. I will try and cover everything from the basic's to more advance code, and so on. I will do all this by chapters.

Part One
In this chapter I think it will be best to cover the fundamental building blocks need to develop the game engine.

Contents to chapter one
Chapter 1: Starting Off Right
Chapter 2: Visual Basic Primer
Chapter 3: Forms and Controls
Chapter 4: Drawing with GDI+
Chapter 5: Bitmaps: Our First Building Block
Chapter 6: Sprites and Real-Time Animation
Chapter 7: Collision Dectection
Chapter 8: Playing Sound Effects and Music
Tholek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:15 PM »

Chapter 1

This Chapter fives you a little overview of what to expect in future chapters and helps set the pace at which will delve into Visual Basic. First, we'll learn the core techniques in 2D game programming in order to fill out garage with stuff (could of thought of a better phase) the classes and functions needed for most games, such as bitmaps and sprites. Next, we'll explore game design, work and some game editors, build the game world, and begin populating it with monsters, NPC's and so on. In order to accomplish these goals.

Here's what we'll cover in this chapter:

- Jump straight into the deep end
- Let you imagination go wild
- time, dedication and determination
- the world your oyster
- learning the tricks of the trade

Jump straight into the deep end

Keep in mind that this will be kind of a brief tutorial but will cover a lot as we go along. My aim is to create a RPG with all the trimmings within these parts/chapters, if you feel that you are completely lost within the next few chapters, my advice is to pick up a Visual Basic primer to get up to speed, and then return to this tutorial. (Which I will have to find a Visual Basic primer book or watch some YouTube video's)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:31:20 PM by Tholek » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic