Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:41:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingD360 (radial shooter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: D360 (radial shooter)  (Read 648 times)
Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:03:26 AM »

Hi people! I'm Per Doller.
D360 - my first game about protecting the earth from aliens.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ypy3E7Hj2hc

Playable demo(unity): http://pdl-games.com/d360/
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PDLgames.D360

I need feedback on the graphics, gameplay.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:09:39 PM by PerDollerLabs » Logged

FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:57:12 PM »

Graphcs look good. Health bars are a bit distracting. Would look better to show damage by having partially damaged enemies light on fire or something. The sparkle effect when enemies spawn is a bit distacting, at first I thought maybe those enemies would drop something when killed, then i realized it always plays. Also the bubble effect from enemy engines is distracting and seems out of place. Maybe color the smaller ships different then the larger ships, they look very similar.

Gameplay was decent, but a bit slow and also difficult. The turret turns really slow. I feel like the first boss is almost impossible. Like he is putting out stuff faster then I can destroy it. Maybe I need to get upgrades to progress, but that seems unfair. I'm sorry but I got kind of bored after 2nd try.
Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »

Quote from: FrankForce
Graphcs look good.
Thanks  Smiley

Health bars are a bit distracting.

Ok, i'll make them smaller and not so bright.

Would look better to show damage by having partially damaged enemies light on fire or something.
ok, i'll think about it

at first I thought maybe those enemies would drop something when killed, then i realized it always plays.
yeah .. enemies are launching missiles on cooldown, which decreases with increasing level of the game

Also the bubble effect from enemy engines is distracting and seems out of place. Maybe color the smaller ships different then the larger ships, they look very similar.
this is feature Smiley for differences belonging missiles

Gameplay was decent, but a bit slow and also difficult. The turret turns really slow.
this is feature Smiley

I feel like the first boss is almost impossible. Like he is putting out stuff faster then I can destroy it. Maybe I need to get upgrades to progress, but that seems unfair. I'm sorry but I got kind of bored after 2nd try.
yeah, my son, too, failed to pass ... i'll make the enemies health less

Thank you very very much!

Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:41 PM »

Would look better to show damage by having partially damaged enemies light on fire or something.

Great idea, Frank!
I did the intensity of particles of fire depending on the level of damage  and removed the HP bars.

Thanks!

CarbonHack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 05:52:11 AM »

Game looks smooth in terms of graphics, gui, sound - nothing overly distracting or dragging away from the gameplay. But the gameplay itself was little problematic. I was having hard time in killing all ships in time even before boss showed up. It's very discouraging and gives little motivation to try again. I resigned after 4 tries and no progress at all. I don't know, maybe balancing it a bit defferent would do the job. Difficulty is just too high for the starting levels - I would tuned it down for sure (eg: implementing faster shooting, or lowering enemies health bars, or giving a chance to upgrade easier).

Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »

But the gameplay itself was little problematic. I was having hard time in killing all ships in time even before boss showed up. It's very discouraging and gives little motivation to try again. I resigned after 4 tries and no progress at all. I don't know, maybe balancing it a bit defferent would do the job. Difficulty is just too high for the starting levels - I would tuned it down for sure (eg: implementing faster shooting, or lowering enemies health bars, or giving a chance to upgrade easier).

I'm so sorry! Cry
I modified the balance, but forgot to upload the new build.
I've updated the build on the website.
Let's try again .. plz  Hand Joystick

Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »

I created promo trailer:

Now you can test on Google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PDLgames.D360

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: