Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:20:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProject Monolith [Game designer needed]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Monolith [Game designer needed]  (Read 702 times)
BrianIdesign
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:55:59 AM »

An indie project that is searching to be at the top classement

This game is an action, strategy, FPS game.
There 'll have 5 maps, and the goal is to charge the monolith. There is 8vs8 players. There is 8 path to be at the monolith, and 3 classes. The more your charged, the slower you are, and the shorter your range are, but you are more powerfull. And the lightest one can shoot things. It's based on a child game, were you have a plastic bag full of ice, you have a team, and have to fill in a giant water bucket with Ice before the other team. Of course, the more you take ice, the slower you are. and Ice melt if you wait too long. It'll use Unity or Unreal engine.

The project will be in sliced in different phase : 1 month of game-designing, give the more ideas as possible 2 month of programing things smoothly 1 other month of cooperation between programers and game-designer, and testers to make things perfect, most awesomeness possible. At the same time, in these 3 month, I'll concept art all the game. 2/3 month of modeling, texturing, everything. and 1 last month for advertising, contacting youtubers, doing lives, and doing a kickstarter.

My part
I'll be the concept artist, basic game designer as well as the general director of the project. I'll be here to support the entire game development workflow.
(Expected) Revenue
The expected revenu would depend of the project awesomeness, how many time you have spend in it, and how you improve the game.
Risks & challenges
We are trying to make an indie top game of course there is risk and challenges. However there is no wasted time, everyone of us 'll learn something. There 'll have a kickstarter to pay servers, if it don't work, then it'll be difficult to have revenues.
Recruting :
1 game designer :
(Game designing all mechanics, making the game fun, simple, understandable, and feel natural. Have to be able to have a lots of ideas, be good at searching, be a gamer, and always try to doing it's best. HAVE TO BE AWESOME !)

1 Lead game designer :
(Leading the game designing mechanics, making the game fun, simple, understandable, and feel natural. Have to be able to have a lots of ideas, be good at searching, be a gamer,be capable to do a prototype ,and always try to doing it's best. HAVE TO BE AWESOME !)

1 Level designer :
(Working with game designer, and use what that have been established to make a level that is fun, and uses game design well.Have to be able to have a lots of ideas, be good at searching, be a gamer, and always try to doing it's best. HAVE TO BE AWESOME ! )

[email protected]
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:58:17 AM »

It's beautiful to believe in unrealistic dreams.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 05:16:00 AM »

Hi Brian the first,

You should probably hire some programmers instead of just having a team of 4 designers. Also you should give more details on the payment scheme. Saying you get paid depending on how awesome you are doesn't really cut it. I mean I'm really amazingly super awesome, like we are talking Phil Fish awesome, so I'm not sure if your budget would stretch that far.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic