Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:45:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFavorite Board Games
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Board Games  (Read 2037 times)
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:52 AM »

That Pokemon board game that I don't remember the name of.

If you mean Master Trainer, then that is mine as well, I used to play that for hours. Also King of Tokyo.
King of Tokyo is our game for when people are drunk. Great fun to dunk two hands of dice on the table!

I don't know what's up with all the Master Trainer hype in here. Nostalgia? I played it like 1 year ago and it was one of the most excruciating board game experiences I have ever sat through. It lasted like 3 hours (I blame the elite four), was completely luck based and had very little in way of player decisions. It felt like a devious attempt to grab children's money.  Concerned
NeightE
Level 0

Visual Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 01:41:35 AM »

7 Wonders - This card game is notable for compressing a plethora of meaningful decisions into a very short time. It ends after three brief rounds of drafting and always leaves you itching to give it another try. The simultaneous play makes it an excellent game with almost any number of players. I consider it a "must own" for any collection simply because it is SO easy to bring to the table, this game is flexible enough to work in almost any situation.

THIS ! I just played that game again, it's really a great game with quick but interesting rounds

Gentleman

my twitter - @NatMonney
DNA Studios - www.dna-studios.ch
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 04:35:50 AM »

That Pokemon board game that I don't remember the name of.

If you mean Master Trainer, then that is mine as well, I used to play that for hours. Also King of Tokyo.
King of Tokyo is our game for when people are drunk. Great fun to dunk two hands of dice on the table!

I don't know what's up with all the Master Trainer hype in here. Nostalgia? I played it like 1 year ago and it was one of the most excruciating board game experiences I have ever sat through. It lasted like 3 hours (I blame the elite four), was completely luck based and had very little in way of player decisions. It felt like a devious attempt to grab children's money.  Concerned

Its a bad game but it was fun back then in the same way monopoly can be fun. In fact it IS a lot like monopoly iirc (i havent played it since i was 12, so might be misremembering)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic