Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:02:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)imagination, fill in the blank
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: imagination, fill in the blank  (Read 879 times)
Pfotegeist
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »

Hello. Stop me if there's another discussion about this elsewhere, and can I have the link?

May I please see some high fidelity art that says "fill in the blank" and does it well?

To narrow down my meaning, there's composite art which includes pixelation (low fidelity), there's 'cartoon' which has strong outlines (high fidelity); silhouettes also have a strong outline and no detail but we clearly can fill in the blank. There's also a common application of blurriness, low detail in unimportant elements of a picture such as color bleeding between lines.

I may have solved my own problem, but i burned out thinking about it. As of yet haven't hunted down resources. Anyone who wants to suggest specific artists or online references will be appreciated, thank you.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »

What I've found to my satisfaction and experimented with is to begin with easy geometric shapes in blocky sketches, then imitate it with low-poly representations of the same scene in Blender to confirm plausibility. That pretty much covers what I was aiming at, I'll also examine silhouetted games again but I find the effect more suitable for projecting 2D images towards a wall.

More of a concept phase atm, but I like the feel, this could be where I start attempting a level design.

I'm not really a fan of cubes, but it's easier than mashing together meta-balls, and easier on the eyes.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic