Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:04:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSteam Green Light
Poll
Question: When voting on steam green light, do you consider a "yes" vote to mean..
yes (i would really buy the game) - 6 (20%)
yes (I think this game should be allowed to exist) - 23 (76.7%)
yes (i only click no when it looks like a con) - 0 (0%)
yes (I'm personally friends with the developer but wouldn't actually buy it) - 1 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Steam Green Light  (Read 1807 times)
Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2015, 04:58:06 AM »

I am curious as to how people perceive the green light voting process just as I am sure some others will be to. The thing being that while it says on the green light page "would you buy this game if it were available on steam", i am sure that a lot of people vote yes because they like the look of the game but never buy it.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:11:38 AM »

yes (I'm personally friends with the developer but wouldn't actually buy it)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:15:11 AM »

good point, added
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 05:31:34 AM »

I barely give out any yes votes because I'm trying to stay honest about the stuff I think I would actually buy.
Ive had a couple of my own games on greenlight and luckily for me it seems most people are a lot more loose with their yes votes

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 06:07:38 AM »

damn right i've never seen steam green light
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »

i usually vote yes because voting no makes me feel like an asshole lol
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 06:09:02 AM »

My intuition on how it is perceived is: "Do you like what you see? Yes or No?"

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 06:10:42 AM »

are you guys good with computers?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 06:50:26 AM »

i voted around 1050 game , there is 49 items i've voted yes for, i bought 7 game in the list.
I vote yes when the game really deserves it.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »

hahaha
Dat mean

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 08:13:40 AM »

you should better go at a place that is not full of steam green light users for results
i generally vote when i see a polished product since my motivation is not to play a good gaem as much as support game entertainment developers that are competent

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 08:45:49 AM »

Like cobralad I vote yes if I think the game reaches a nice level of quality based on its video as you can usually tell when a game is well programmed/designed/feels nice. to be honest I never vote no, I just move on. I'm not sure if "no" votes even mean anything in the greenlight process

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 09:24:43 AM »

I generally vote yes if the game looks good. One of my big pet peeves with the system is that they don't notify you when games you've yes voted make it through and finally release.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »

I generally vote No unless a game stands out to me as a 'definitely-want'.
I've felt a little guilty voting for fellow TIGS member's games - and then wound up buying them when on sale, or even not at all.

But more realistically I remind myself that I've been gaming for over thirty years and whatever hot shit you youngsters think you're peddling, I'm pragmatic enough to sit around on my ass for it to be done right. Some of you have met this standard, and some of you have not, and I'm not going to sit in an open forum and say what meets what, imo.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »

I've felt a little guilty voting for fellow TIGS member's games - and then wound up buying them when on sale, or even not at all.

You shouldn't feel guilty about that. Buying a game when it's on sale is doing more for someone than not buying it at all. Sales are supposed to move copies Smiley And with regards to not buying a game, whatev, if you're not interested you're not interested, or maybe you don't have the free cash. Nothing wrong there. And even if you don't buy a game, "yes" votes are still helpful to everyone involved if you think the product reaches an acceptable level of quality.

Voting yes on something doesn't mean you'd buy it for any price, just that you think the game is a nice enough package to be worth peoples' time, and you might buy it if the price is right and your budget permits.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 03:49:50 PM »

i didn't upgrade to windows 10, but not because i know anything, in fact i know nothing and am proud of my ignorance. not taking a stand, just love to be ignorant.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »

As much as you love to be ignored.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
qwetro
Level 0

Werner Zhang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »

I barely give out any yes votes because I'm trying to stay honest about the stuff I think I would actually buy.

Me, the same.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 12:18:56 AM »

maybe you would not buy it, but it would be nice to give it access to a store so other people would buy it
Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »

Since i dont buy many games these days, I treat "yes" to mean "this is quality and should exist." There's a lot of sloppy projects clogging greenlight so as a fellow dev I think those who put genuine effort and polish deserve a little leg up!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic