Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:59:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Tops Don't Sting You! A cute game about swimming and bouncing on jellyfish.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Tops Don't Sting You! A cute game about swimming and bouncing on jellyfish.  (Read 687 times)
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

The Tops Don't Sting You is a time attack focused game where you swim around and bounce on jellyfish. The controls and gameplay focus on precision, reflexes, and speed (if you've ever played TowerFall's trials mode, it's kind of similar).  It's also a pretty forgiving game, as there is no lose condition, just goal times that you try to achieve.

~~And of course, it's really cute!~~

Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:17:05 PM by tesselode » Logged
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »

For anyone interested, I just released an update to the game! It adds practice mode, which lets you slow down the game. It's good for working on routing, and it's also good if you want to feel like you're in the Matrix.
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:28:06 PM »

This is absolutely joyful and adorable! Good work!! The concept is wonderful.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 04:38:02 AM »

I like the idea and the graphics are nice. At first glance, i felt like i lost some control when bouncing back from a jellyfish, but i adapted to it pretty fast. I guess it's a lot more fun with gamepad/analogue stick. Or touchscreen?

Personally, i do not like too big pixel fonts and the music is too repetitive for my taste (depends on mood).
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »

This is absolutely joyful and adorable! Good work!! The concept is wonderful.

Thank you!

I like the idea and the graphics are nice. At first glance, i felt like i lost some control when bouncing back from a jellyfish, but i adapted to it pretty fast. I guess it's a lot more fun with gamepad/analogue stick. Or touchscreen?

This is a game that's definitely meant for controller. The controls can take some getting used to, but once you do you have a lot of control.

Personally, i do not like too big pixel fonts and the music is too repetitive for my taste (depends on mood).

Fair enough! With the music I wanted to make sure it blended into the background nicely, and I didn't want anything to stick out, but I can see how that makes it sort of repetitive.
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »

I just released v1.2, featuring speedrun mode!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic