Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:33:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSkyship Aurora
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Skyship Aurora  (Read 1529 times)
BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »

Video

Demo
Our site:
http://anoxemia.net/SkyshipAuroraBSK.rar
IndieDB:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/skyship-aurora/downloads/skyshipaurora-demo

Hello!  Coffee Gentleman

Thank you for downloading Skyship Aurora Demo.

This is first time we decide to show what we are working on for this 3 months, we are just started, who are we? Kostyantin Dvornik and Andrii Goncharuk developers from Ukraine, we are presenting this demo as a start of developing and seeking for your support!

If you like the concept or idea or game, just spread this demo and word about us! Or check our first game Anoxemia its available on Steam now!

/*--- About the game ---*/

Skyship aurora is a roguelike game with dynamic and active battles high in sky!

For now we are focused on the most hardest part of the game, traveling from skyport to skyport via hyper tunnels that links cities in our world. Our next part will be implementing global map, trading and upgrades for our skyship, after it we will work on random encounters quests and missions!

/*--- Controls ---*/

WASD - is controlling direction of our ship, ship always fly forward, you can only slightly adjust direction for short amount of time to avoid obstacles.

Shift - is for forsage, it will speed up your ship, and durning forsage you can press SPACE + A or SPACE + D to strafe sideway.

Q - switch to battle mode in wich you can turn your camera around your ship, target enemies and shoot them

While in battle mode press Left Mouse Button to shoot main cannons, or press and hold Right Mouse Button on target to lock on your enemy, then press Right mouse button again to shoot missile, to release target press X.

Z - switch to bomb mode

/*--- Mechanics IMPORTANT!---*/

Reactor temperature - In this game reactor core of your ship is important part, using its energy will increase temperature, higher temperature the lower core output, and for all actions you use your core's energy that is rechargable, if temperature of the core will be maximum, you ship will drop speed and become more vulnerable.

Power shield - this is an electromagnetic field that protect your ship from direct hits, some weapon types are dealing to shields more damage then others, but usually weapons great against shields are not so good in damaging structure hull of your ship. Shield is rechargeable for recharge it use energy of your reactor and increase temperature.

Reactor energy - reactor energy used for all actions of your ship (some more some less), using reactor energy increase temperature of your core. After using its energy it start to regenerate it.

Structure - this is important parameter of your ship, this is hull structure, and if goes 0 your ship is destroyed.

Fuel - is amount of your fuel for reactor, it get used mostly by traveling, and if this parametr will go 0 you will stuck in mid air, waiting for help or foes. (Not important in this demo for now)

/*--- What we want to do, and why we ask you to help us ---*/

We want to do roguelike game high in sky with big battleships transporting goods from skyport to skyport, we want to create experience for people to become a Sky Captain of their own ship! Travel around the world solving mysteries, chasing pirates and delivering goods. This is what we want to implement:

Hand Point Right Trade, Build, Think
     Hand Point Right Battles agains big, GIGANTIC bosses high in sky!
     Hand Point Right upgrade ships weapon and systems
     Hand Point Right Hire crew and high officers with different skills sets and bonuses
     Hand Point Right Global map for traveling
     Hand Point Right Random encounters Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right
     Hand Point Right Travel further to space! Space, Carl!
     Hand Point Right Build interesting story and main quest
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:46:45 AM by BSKgames » Logged
BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »

Video added! Enjoy!
BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »

Not much of an interest, huh  : Lips Sealed
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »

I plan to get around to it at some point. I think it looks amazing, in terms of graphics and designs. The screenshot really appealed to me. I just don't know when I'll manage to give it a decent amount of time.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »

Working on inventory system:

BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »

One more thing! We will have generated worlds but scripted missions, cool right? Hand Metal Right
Djose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 04:04:04 AM »

From what i've seen from the video there is 3 huge problems for me :

1-The shooting mechanic
2-The targets
3-The goal

The shooting break the pace for an "active battle", you have to stop from the high speed flying like a bus to slow down at every stop to shoot at targets that doesn't feel like ennemy ships, but what they are, targets, they move slowly, are easy targets and take little damage before exploding. This is a big issue if you want your game to be action oriented. It would be way more satisfying if you had to chase them, engage in a dogfight at high speed but from the ship design I can tell this is supposed to be a huge destroyer aircraft and this might not be what you're aiming for but nonetheless the turretty gameplay isn't what i'd call fun. The gameplay seems to be sitting between two chairs, it feels arcade (the ships movement reminds me of space invaders and other shmups in some way) but you have all these mechanics that are there (and the others you want to implemant) that are screaming : Space Sim. I'd say refocus your efforts on one of these two things. I really like the design of the ship, it would be nice if the hud was more easily accessible, you have to look in 4 directions instead of just one, or even, why not put the hud directly on the ship with simple colors or have some visual effects to signal when the shield is low.

Anyway, I hope I'm not being to harsh or made horrible grammar mistakes.

Have a nice day and good luck on your project.

BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:22 AM »

Big thanks for this feed back! This is really good one!  Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right

We are only started and looking for stuff like this, this is why we post it in a first place!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic