Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:49:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionSuper Cockpit Football Fighters [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Super Cockpit Football Fighters [FINISHED]  (Read 45157 times)
genericuser
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

Oh and BTW; if anyone tries this (again), please tell me if the music playback works. It should work if Python and PyGame is installed, but seeing as this is a small game, it shouldn't really be neccessary to download more stuff.

...I'm considering calling this finished soon; I can't really imagine more stuff to add...

THE AWESOME TO-DO LIST

• Gamepad support
  • Proper music playback
  • A singleplayer mode

P.S: Does anyone know what happened to tomica?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:19:18 AM by genericuser » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »

Just emailed tomica; hopefully he'll respond.
genericuser
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »

Thank you  Smiley
tomica
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 02:24:58 AM »

hey i have a wip for the game theme, but i also have an exam tomorrow and need to study. so i will probably finish the theme tomorrow night. it's a hard thing to do because in games like this, with only one level and all, the game theme song repeats itself all the time and if it's not properly made, it quckly becomes annoying to listen to. so i'm trying to make this one work well. can send you the wip tonight if you want.

genericuser
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »

No problem, tomica; you can send it to me whenever you want to.  Smiley

EDIT: Woot, 2000 views  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:36:35 AM by genericuser » Logged
tomica
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2009, 02:02:31 PM »

ok, just to let you know im finishing the theme tonight. will post it here tomorrow morning. its 11:55 pm here now.

genericuser
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »

Smiley

BTW, if you've downloaded v4.1, could you tell me if the music playback worked?
Fuzz
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 04:55:38 PM »

As I said before, music doesn't currently work for me.
genericuser
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »

I know about that; I haven't found a fix for that problem yet.

* genericuser considers trashing the music playback and just packaging in foobar2000 instead
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:17:29 PM by genericuser » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »

I also tried it on a friend's computer and he got the same thing, and his computer is 2008. Sad

Couldn't you just make it so that it can only play tomica's song (if it gets finished) and no other music is possible?
genericuser
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing.

EDIT: I'll add options to mute the music, of course.
genericuser
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2009, 11:32:38 PM »

Are fixes for bugs or other issues reported during the voting period allowed?  To be more specific, these would be bugs that are unknown before the deadline and that do not involve adding any major functionality to the game.

If the rules haven't changed since the Bootleg Demake contest, you should be fine. Hell you can probably even add new gameplay features, just keep the version you completed by the deadline handy and visible in case anyone tries to give you a hard time.

So...this game is officially finished, but I'm going to do at least one update to the game Tongue

*ahem*

Super Cockpit Football Fighters is now
FINISHED!!!
tomica
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 03:33:45 AM »

here you go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/218058563/scff.zip.html

included in the zip are:
1) intro/menu background music - this one should be played only once when the main menu shows up
2) game background music - this one should loop during the game. the begining of the theme might get annoying after a while, so i might send you the updated version later today. if you like it at all, that is.

genericuser
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 03:44:25 AM »

Thank you!

Downloading right now  Smiley
genericuser
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 05:34:44 AM »

Download Super Cockpit Football Fighters v0.5
AKA "the COMPO(Completely Overkill Musical Playable Overlyawesome) edition"

New stuff in this one:

• Custom music playback scrapped; didn't work for most people. However...
  • The OFFICIAL Super Cockpit Football Fighters Soundtrack™, courtesy of tomica, has been added!
  • A config file, where you can toggle the music and joystick control
  • Experimental joystick support! Toggle it in the config file...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:59:22 AM by genericuser » Logged
Fuzz
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »

Music works now, and it is awesome.
genericuser
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »

Grin

That's really good to hear.

Oh, and BTW; Thank you, tomica, for being

AAA   WWWWWWWW                           WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS      OOOOOOOOO     MMMMMMMM               MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
              A:::A  W::::::W                           W::::::WE::::::::::::::::::::E SS:::::::::::::::S   OO:::::::::OO   M:::::::M             M:::::::ME::::::::::::::::::::E
             A:::::A W::::::W                           W::::::WE::::::::::::::::::::ES:::::SSSSSS::::::S OO:::::::::::::OO M::::::::M           M::::::::ME::::::::::::::::::::E
            A:::::::AW::::::W                           W::::::WEE::::::EEEEEEEEE::::ES:::::S     SSSSSSSO:::::::OOO:::::::OM:::::::::M         M:::::::::MEE::::::EEEEEEEEE::::E
           A:::::::::AW:::::W           WWWWW           W:::::W   E:::::E       EEEEEES:::::S            O::::::O   O::::::OM::::::::::M       M::::::::::M  E:::::E       EEEEEE
          A:::::A:::::AW:::::W         W:::::W         W:::::W    E:::::E             S:::::S            O:::::O     O:::::OM:::::::::::M     M:::::::::::M  E:::::E             
         A:::::A A:::::AW:::::W       W:::::::W       W:::::W     E::::::EEEEEEEEEE    S::::SSSS         O:::::O     O:::::OM:::::::M::::M   M::::M:::::::M  E::::::EEEEEEEEEE   
        A:::::A   A:::::AW:::::W     W:::::::::W     W:::::W      E:::::::::::::::E     SS::::::SSSSS    O:::::O     O:::::OM::::::M M::::M M::::M M::::::M  E:::::::::::::::E   
       A:::::A     A:::::AW:::::W   W:::::W:::::W   W:::::W       E:::::::::::::::E       SSS::::::::SS  O:::::O     O:::::OM::::::M  M::::M::::M  M::::::M  E:::::::::::::::E   
      A:::::AAAAAAAAA:::::AW:::::W W:::::W W:::::W W:::::W        E::::::EEEEEEEEEE          SSSSSS::::S O:::::O     O:::::OM::::::M   M:::::::M   M::::::M  E::::::EEEEEEEEEE   
     A:::::::::::::::::::::AW:::::W:::::W   W:::::W:::::W         E:::::E                         S:::::SO:::::O     O:::::OM::::::M    M:::::M    M::::::M  E:::::E             
    A:::::AAAAAAAAAAAAA:::::AW:::::::::W     W:::::::::W          E:::::E       EEEEEE            S:::::SO::::::O   O::::::OM::::::M     MMMMM     M::::::M  E:::::E       EEEEEE
   A:::::A             A:::::AW:::::::W       W:::::::W         EE::::::EEEEEEEE:::::ESSSSSSS     S:::::SO:::::::OOO:::::::OM::::::M               M::::::MEE::::::EEEEEEEE:::::E
  A:::::A               A:::::AW:::::W         W:::::W          E::::::::::::::::::::ES::::::SSSSSS:::::S OO:::::::::::::OO M::::::M               M::::::ME::::::::::::::::::::E
 A:::::A                 A:::::AW:::W           W:::W           E::::::::::::::::::::ES:::::::::::::::SS    OO:::::::::OO   M::::::M               M::::::ME::::::::::::::::::::E
AAAAAAA                   AAAAAAAWWW             WWW            EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS        OOOOOOOOO     MMMMMMMM               MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tomica
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:53 AM »

thank you for using the tune  :]

genericuser
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »

Just because I can   Cool
genericuser
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »

Just posted this in the postmortem thread:

Quote from: My postmortem of SCFF
A brief summary of stuff that went right and wrong in Super Cockpit Football Fighters:

The Good Things!

1. It was fun. The gameplay worked pretty well, and it was (at least for me) a game you could easily play for a few minutes(or hours, YMMV  Tongue)

2. It was simple. The fact that you could explain the controls in about 10-15 seconds helped a lot.

3. The music. Tomica made the soundtrack for the game, and I think that the game really benefits from having sound. For instance, when I saw the playtest of the game on YouTube, the Benny Hill theme was playing; I almost immediately noticed that the game was funnier that way...so I pretty much learned that music and sound really helps make a game.

4. I managed to make a good entry for the competition.  Tongue
(Basically, most stuff just went right.)

The Bad Things...

1. The physics were buggy. Although the physics bugs weren't something I could've fixed without messing about with Bullet and such, the bugs still irk me quite a bit.

2. I wasted my time adding features that weren't actually necessary and didn't really work. After realizing that I didn't actually need to have MP3 playback and packed executables, things went a lot smoother.

3. I could've spent more time working on it.  Apoplectic

So in the end...it worked out pretty well, I guess.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic