Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:10:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs [FINALLY RELEASED !] City Monkey online battle (artillery game)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [FINALLY RELEASED !] City Monkey online battle (artillery game)  (Read 5361 times)
flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 07:41:06 AM »

I've been polishing the game's landing page today
http://citymonkeygame.com/v2/site/?beta_mode=0

the trailer video is an old one from the first version of this game

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 08:28:23 AM »

I made a gameplay trailer of the game. Sorry for the bad sound (and accent Shrug)

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 02:02:00 AM »

i've been playing around to improove AI

bot will detect when you're in a good spot for throwing in a grenade (meaning, surrounded by higher building) and use it more likely in these situations.

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 04:14:01 AM »

just watched the gameplay video. looks pretty neat! how has it been doing on the stores?

by the way: the google play link on the website does not work.

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 05:51:40 AM »

just watched the gameplay video. looks pretty neat! how has it been doing on the stores?

by the way: the google play link on the website does not work.

Thank you very much Hand Thumbs Up Left
it's still in open beta on google play and ios, i will launch it very soon now
the link is broken ? you mean this one ? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/air.com.appanonyme.citymonkey6
you should see a blue button asking you to "become a tester", then it should give you the link to access the beta on play store

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 05:56:50 AM »

on your website: http://citymonkeygame.com/v2/site/?beta_mode=0

the "get it on google play"-button

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 06:17:24 AM »

oh yeah, it was a special link to show the "production state" of the website

this is the current website for beta tests
http://citymonkeygame.com/

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »

after playing the ios testversion: you've definitely got something good here. very simple, intuitive and short games with a lot of potential for ads/iap. I like the music and the overall presentation is great. on larger screens it would be nice to see where the opponent is at a first glance. maybe pan the camera from opponent to my monkey at the start?

I did experience a deadlock of the app: I tried to click one of the emoticon-like things on the right, while the opponents shot was being shown. had to kill the app.

I forgot to mention: I hate the facebook integration... not because its bad, but it's happened to me twice that facebook started up without me wanting this to happen. not saying you should change it, but things like that cause me to dislike an app.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:57:09 AM by marcgfx » Logged

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 04:06:43 AM »

after playing the ios testversion: you've definitely got something good here. very simple, intuitive and short games with a lot of potential for ads/iap. I like the music and the overall presentation is great. on larger screens it would be nice to see where the opponent is at a first glance. maybe pan the camera from opponent to my monkey at the start?

I did experience a deadlock of the app: I tried to click one of the emoticon-like things on the right, while the opponents shot was being shown. had to kill the app.

I forgot to mention: I hate the facebook integration... not because its bad, but it's happened to me twice that facebook started up without me wanting this to happen. not saying you should change it, but things like that cause me to dislike an app.

Thanks for your feedback Smiley
Your idea of the pan of camera is good, it can save the hassle to do it yourself, good ergonomy idea ! i'm gonna dig it...
thanks also for your bug report, i will try to reproduce that.

As for the facebook integration, i understand that you can hate it, although i really think it's something that can improove the player experience. It allows to automaticaly find your facebook friends who are already on the game (or who will come later), i care a lot about letting friends find each other to play together.
Another thing is that it will allow the player to save his progress online, and find it later if he delete / re-install the app, or just buy a new device.
And obviously, in top of that, there are some marketing reason behind that (i must be honest), facebook visibility is a big way of promotion.

You said the facebook launched without you wanting it, was it a popup who came and you clicked quickly on the wrong button ? (i know, nobody read the content of these popup...  Cry )

Cheers !

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 11:05:50 AM »

the app icon, made by my co-worker designer.

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »

The cartoony look and forsaken metro aesthetic are really working for me. I like the somewhat whimsical nature of it all.

However, after watching some of the gameplay video, how do balance out first turn advantage? Right now, it looks like the first turn player could hit the other player without them even getting a turn.
flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 02:18:48 AM »

The cartoony look and forsaken metro aesthetic are really working for me. I like the somewhat whimsical nature of it all.

However, after watching some of the gameplay video, how do balance out first turn advantage? Right now, it looks like the first turn player could hit the other player without them even getting a turn.

Thanks Smiley
Actually, the game flow is asynchronous. When i play my shot, the opponent is playing his shot at the same time. Then only, he will see what i did, and i will see what he did. This technique has the big advantage to drastically speed up the game, there is no time wasted waiting for someone to complete his shot. It also solve the first turn advantage as you mentioned. One drawback is that it leads somtime to a double kill situation, when both player succeed their shot at the same turn. In this case, player will see his dead opponent come back to life and play his successful shot with a text "xxx also killed you"

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 03:18:44 AM »

sometimes it crashes at the end of a round, no idea why. I must say its pretty addictive, ... I made it to level 3. not sure about the no lives thing though. It's good for me, as it stops me from continuing to play :D

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »

sometimes it crashes at the end of a round, no idea why. I must say its pretty addictive, ... I made it to level 3. not sure about the no lives thing though. It's good for me, as it stops me from continuing to play :D

yes, i think i corrected the bug in a more recent version, but didn't upload it on IOS yet
good to know you find it addictive, really nice to hear :D

For the lifes system, i indeed have shared feelings about that, i think i will run some parallele tests with another version where lifes will be much faster to come back (with the timer system), and see what works better.

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 05:52:09 AM »

Weapons works with ammo, each shoot cost you 1 ammo, and when no ammo left, you need to spend your coins (the one you buy from each victory) in the shop to buy more ammo.

Today, i added the possibility of buying 1 ammo during a game, from the weapon menu. I felt, it's when needed the most that players will want to buy it, so why not let do it also from here.

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 02:22:43 AM »

It have put a lot of the game variable in my database, so i will be able to try different configuration and see how people react from my statistics. I especially wanted to do that for the weapons property, so i will be able to balance them in real time without having to re-publish a new version.

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 06:58:02 AM »

We've been finishing the commercial trailer video, we took a long time for it strugling with after effect, and with camtasia to have proper screen captures. I hope it will bring the professional render we wanted.

commercial trailer here :

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 07:20:30 AM »

We sent the game for apple review, now crossing our fingers to be accepted, and not need to wait 1 more week. We will release the game for IOS and Android at the same time.

The facebook version is already playable here :
https://apps.facebook.com/city_monkey/

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 10:10:06 AM »

The game has just been accepted !
Official release on the app store and play store thursday 15 october.

But you can already try it on facebook here (browser version)
https://apps.facebook.com/city_monkey/

flashysquirrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2015, 12:48:52 AM »

The game is OUT Smiley
It has good feedbacks from the players so far !

Appstore here
Play store here

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:56:33 AM by flashysquirrel » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic