Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:50:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsPixel Artist needed for 2D hybrid-rougelike [REV SHARE] [OPEN]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Artist needed for 2D hybrid-rougelike [REV SHARE] [OPEN]  (Read 826 times)
Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »

Hey.

I'm Chris, a freelance programmer/musician with an admittedly small portfolio. I have completed a few projects on my own, many of which cannot be found on the internet any more and most of which were discontinued due to new skills I developed during their course. Until now all of the games I made were only distributed to close friends and the odd competition/jam. I've decided now is the time to make a name (and career) for myself.

Roguinator has always been my main project. While I'm reluctant to say too much about it here, I will say that it takes gameplay elements from a few other games (Payday 2, Papers Please, Hammerwatch etc) and combines them in a pretty unique way. It's a small game that gets most of its playability from random generation of quests and dungeons around the world, like dwarf fortress - something easy to develop, but hard for players to finish, and near impossible to see all of. Once finished, I would hope to put the game on steam greenlight, or sell it on marketplaces like itch.io and the humble store. There's only one thing holding me back: my horrible art skills.

As you can see from that title sprite, I need someone who can draw good. I'll be brief on the requirements:
  • You must be able to draw better than me. This should not be hard for you.
  • You must be willing to work enthusiastically for only the possibility of future financial gain. I'm sure the project will be successful, and I've invested a lot of work, but at the end of the day (and though it pains me to mention it at this stage) we might not make it. This goes for most posts in this section, though.
  • You must be enthusiastic and into the project. I'm generally fast to work with and happy to listen to any ideas you have. I want you to have as much fun working on this as I'm having, weird as it might sound.
  • And finally, I need to see a sample of your work when you apply.

Other business in your life isn't a problem - I've been going through collage on the side of this project myself. I'm fine with any other stuff you have to do as long as you can provide me with a new piece of art at least every other week. (though I would hope for your input to be more often)

Addressing any doubts you might have about the current stability/feasibility/realism/whatever of the project, we already have:
  • A powerful and extensive custom built game engine with extensive networking and file management capabilities, modding support and component based design. (Game engines are kind of my thing)
  • The beginnings of a sweet soundtrack, made by moi
  • Lots of design documentation for mechanics, growing by the day
  • Some ok UI art that you may rework if you wish to do so.
  • A custom built auto-updater for the game.
  • The beginnings of a website for the game. (You may do art for this as well)
  • Some half-finished level/gui editors that I can't really bring myself to give to anyone yet.

The aforementioned share will be a straight 50/50 split. I will always have something for you to draw, but I will try my best never to rush you or put you under pressure; I understand a lot of artists have other commitments and passion projects of their own.

Apply by:
  • Emailing me at [email protected]
  • PMing me on this forum.
  • Or just posting in this thread, if you don't mind everyone seeing it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:29:01 PM by Chrisbot6 » Logged

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:44:55 AM »

Found someone. Thanks for the applications.

Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and open this again because the previous artist has found himself tied into other projects and unfortunately says he can't help any more.

Any inquiries or offers are appreciated! (:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic