Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:37:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMetal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain  (Read 28944 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »

mgs1 gratuitous torture, mg2 gratuitous torture, mgs3 gratuitous torture, peacewalker gratuitous torture, now well ... GRAPHIC NEXT GEN

also you forgot nolan north, although who did Liz in binf or commader shepard or ellie in lost of us, have been quickly forgotten for some reason or was never named ... VIDEO GAME!

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2015, 01:30:15 AM »

MGS5 is best game ever made.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2015, 08:26:39 AM »

big boss has the most extensive tape collection of any videogame character. wat a hipster. oh btw have you seen his scruffy beard and his MAN BUN? total hipster.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2015, 04:13:09 PM »

I just realized that the idroid voice says "enemy PRESENCE detected", not "enemy PRISONS detected". im samart
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »

Ho lee shit, that prologue's ruined video game openings for me.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »

I just realized that the idroid voice says "enemy PRESENCE detected", not "enemy PRISONS detected". im samart
I'm hearing the same thing dude.

The only thing I don't like is that I might be missing some amazing cassette tapes because I'm too tired of grinding outposts to grind more outposts. Also I've been playing for 20 hours and it's only 5% completed and I haven't seen any substantial story stuff but that's MGS for ya. Roll Eyes

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2015, 11:54:50 PM »

Solid 10

Working on the game and trying to help others on the way!

If you ever need tips let me know! I will gladly help
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »

also why is troy baker in every single game
he's really talented
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »

its cool that they managed to make such a big deal out of old performance capture techniques because they hired a celebrity to never talk, ever. the most popular facial capture studio in la is actually owned and run by a voice actor and has been for years. all the people who are beneficiaries of cyclical casting director hyper popularity are really, really good. cam clarke, nolan north, roger craig smith, troy baker. all great
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2015, 12:59:27 AM »

resident evil 5 was really ahead of the curve
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2015, 01:46:41 AM »

How good is the dog?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2015, 02:23:30 AM »

I wish there was an easier way to change camo than to call in a helicopter and wait for a minute every single time
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 01:41:52 PM »

I wish there was an easier way to change camo than to call in a helicopter and wait for a minute every single time
Me too but I kind of like it. It reminds me of Far Cry 2 where you have to watch all these animations just to get a tiny thing. I'm glad these games never got caught in a formula with their mechanics and always reinvent how you get weapons and items and stuff to suit the game rather than the series. MGS5 is definitely shaping up to be a lot more Espionage and Action than Stealth. And since the terrain and view distances are so much larger than before I think it's a lot easier to get away with slightly off camo.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »

MGS5 is definitely shaping up to be a lot more Espionage and Action than Stealth

what? no it works great as a stealth game. it just leaves you the option to play it in any number of different ways. i try to go the total stealth route for most missions and also try for 0 kills.  Panda

the design rationale is probably that they want you to make do with what you have and only call in supplies if you absolutely need them. supplies can become a money sink too if you use them very liberally.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »

From my experience people tend to go full Rambo in Metal Gear games. It's like they cannot perceive the intentional layout the game offers them for a puzzle like stealth approach. I can quickly distinguish between messy sandboxes and puzzle like environments. I don't know whether I am that great at it or others just being bad at it, may be the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Dragonmaw
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »

Maybe you just

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »

i have come to the conclusion that this is my favorite big budget triple A game in years.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2015, 02:17:02 PM »

From my experience people tend to go full Rambo in Metal Gear games. It's like they cannot perceive the intentional layout the game offers them for a puzzle like stealth approach. I can quickly distinguish between messy sandboxes and puzzle like environments. I don't know whether I am that great at it or others just being bad at it, may be the truth is somewhere in the middle.
I usually play based on how I feel, if I just spent two hours stealthing an entire mission with no kills I usually go guns blazing the next one just to switch it up. That first encounter with Quiet though, those are the moments I live for in Metal Gear games, just super slow crawl over a mile of terrain to hopefully be rewarded by being able to complete the task flawlessly. The amount of tension you create for yourself when you challenge yourself to do that is fantastic.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »

Maybe you just

he did finish the game, amazing

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2015, 05:39:02 PM »

Can't kill child soldiers, 0/10. Not even an in-universe excuse like, if the UN finds out we'd be fucked. Which would be flimsy on it's own but still. All they give you is a, mission will be over if they're hurt.

A Hideo Kojima Game

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic