Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:42:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsgraplr - Action arcade adventure, with grappling hooks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: graplr - Action arcade adventure, with grappling hooks!  (Read 1273 times)
BunkeyGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:12:30 AM »

graplr is a 2d action-arcade-adventure game where you as the graplr, must grapple from surface to surface in order to survive.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:57:03 AM by BunkeyGames » Logged
BunkeyGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:33:21 PM »

So, what IS graplr?

Simply put, graplr is an action game where you have to grapple to survive. Sound pretty sweet? I thought so Smiley

Anyway, I'm assuming that you were looking for specifics and not a vague overview. Firstly, as you probably gathered from "DevLog 1", graplr is a new game. We've been working it out for a while, but now that we actually have something to look at, we decided it would be a great time to start a DevLog. Since it's still a new game, any of the soon to be mentioned features and mechanics may or may not make it into the final game. Think of this as a rough outline.

Alright. Let's get into it!

Here's the idea- you play as the graplr. You have to ability to grapple onto anything. That's about it. You can't walk, you can't talk, you can't breathe, you can't eat, you can't sing, or even jump. Rough life, I know. Any-who, the grapple thing we were talking about is actually really useful for getting around. Here's a gif to show you how it works! (Again, early stage, maybe not how it'll look in the end, yada-yada.)

Hehe, pretty nifty, ehh? Sadly it's not that easy. Although you can grapple really easily, there are some obstacles that try to change that; things like spikes, platforms that break, lava, you know, the usual.

Yeah, not too easy now! So mix all that with even more obstacles (that we are still in the process of making Grin) and you get a pretty difficult game. Now, we know that the pictures currently don't show much, but trust us. We're working very hard to get a lot of content into the game. 

So this gives you a rough idea of what graplr is, but how about what it is GOING to be? Well, like I said before, we have a lot of plans for this game. Here's some; high-scores, timed levels, multiplayer races, puzzle mode (like, zen or something), customizable graplr, full steam integration, no DLC, unlimited FPS, no micro-transactions, and more. Yeah, I knew you'd like that.

The game is still in a very early stage so we can't show you anything else now, but if you want to see more soon, be sure to follow us on our Subreddit, Twitter, YouTube, IndieDB, Website.

We'll be back soon with DevLog2 where we start posting our updates on the game's progress and maybe even meet the team. Thanks guys!

-Collin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic