Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 08:00:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTRI.DEFENDER (3D arcade action game) - now on greenlight
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TRI.DEFENDER (3D arcade action game) - now on greenlight  (Read 858 times)
NightBox-Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »

Hello indies,

let me introduce ourselves: we are two passionate gamers from Germany who often had ideas how to improve games or spent their freetime creating maps and other content. In September 2013 we decided that it was time to create our own game. We just headed into it and started from scratch, with my friend as the game designer and me as the programmer. In January 2015 we published our first game named The Artifact Of Gods, which you can get for free on our website.

Now we have launched our new game TRI.DEFENDER on Steam Greenlight.
TRI.DEFENDER is a 3D arcade reaction game - quite old-school with highscore challenges, but in modern graphics in an abstract scifi setting.

The vision we have for the friends and online leaderboards, as well as the unique challenge levels, depends heavily on Steam, so please consider voting for us if you find this interesting!

Features

• Quick and merciless gameplay
  • Master a variety of mechanics
  • Compete with your friends for the highscore
  • Short, story based campaign
  • Competitive challenges
  • New free challenges after release
  • Unlocks and Steam achievements

Gameplay explained

The center of gameplay is the TRI.DEFENDER which you must protect against incoming attacks. You have three energy shields at your key command. These shields stop an attacker and reflect it, but it can be only active for a short amount of time until it needs to cool down. So you have to keep your timing precise.

The speed and amount of attacks increases within a challenge. Later challenges will require you to master additional tasks, like repelling two types of attackers with different shields, or the rescue of survivors with the mouse.

Interaction
I realize we should be more interactive in this place. I always want to make tutorials, but never manage to have the time. Sad
I thought about doing one on how I created the shader for the shield effect...

For the time being, I'm watching this thread for any comments and feedback.

Thank you for any support!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic