Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:50:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMesisos 2D Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mesisos 2D Platformer  (Read 662 times)
Mesisos
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »

Hi all, I've been working on this game for awhile. I'm  interested in your opinions.

RAR
https://mega.nz/#!SBgm0Y5A!ebndN3LsUb-sZC6QArwVpYlYpu-9m6mS3M2NPySZx9E
ZIP
https://mega.nz/#!KBxWXYoT!hc9Ubs6L6bmQNNCancyX6jp6ZmKbgV5ssP3prLvZR_g

Controls
Move Left - A or Left Arrow
Move Right - D or Right Arrow
Jump - W or Space or Up Arrow
Reset - R or Back Space
If you get stuck and want to progress. You can hit 1-5 to teleport to different save points and the Finish.

All feedback is welcome.
Thanks,
Jeff
CarbonHack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:44:08 AM »

Hey,

so first things first, menu buttons are not responding correctly on lower resolutions for me - click-sensitive area is panned left from the button image. As for the game itself, mechanics is interesting, although not self-explanatory. I would add some sort of introduction, or maybe small tooltips to explain what's going on with changing colors and objects behavior. It will make the game much more user-friendly.

Also, while I understand you want to focus on a pure gameplay, visually game seems a bit bleak. Maybe consider adding more diverse background, or some stronger fx?   

Other than that it's an interesting effort, some of the challenges are pretty sophisticated! Keep it up! Smiley

Mesisos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »

Hey,

so first things first, menu buttons are not responding correctly on lower resolutions for me - click-sensitive area is panned left from the button image.
I'll look into this.
As for the game itself, mechanics is interesting, although not self-explanatory. I would add some sort of introduction, or maybe small tooltips to explain what's going on with changing colors and objects behavior. It will make the game much more user-friendly.
I will try explain things more.
Also, while I understand you want to focus on a pure gameplay, visually game seems a bit bleak. Maybe consider adding more diverse background, or some stronger fx?   
Art is going to be my next big focus.
Other than that it's an interesting effort, some of the challenges are pretty sophisticated! Keep it up! Smiley
Thanks for all of the feedback. It helps alot Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic