Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:24:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBONSEKI - Falling sand and water and fire and other things game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BONSEKI - Falling sand and water and fire and other things game  (Read 863 times)
atraxgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:14:24 AM »

The goal of the game is to eliminate the various elements (sand, water, fire) from the levels, or in the last levels to grow a plant.

web version: http://bonseki.atraxgames.net/
android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.air.LESSISMOREANDROID&hl=it

I started this game for the Ludum Dare 26 as a minimal variation on the classic falling sand game.
LD page: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=15195
gameplay video:

This is a beta version: I implemented sand, water, fire, torches, wood and seeds.
I'm planning to add other elements, like ice, circuits or musical boxes
In the web version you can create your level and share it on social networks

What do you think?

Currently developing Slasher Corp Twitter Facebook
WabiArcade
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »

I really like this! I like how it build up to each element, and how each one has a strength and weakness against another.
What do you think about a rating system at the end of each level, as a way to reward the player if they exceed that levels goal? Or if they are able to meet the goal in/under a set amount of time?
atraxgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:43:41 AM »

Thanks!
Yes, I also though to implement a rating system, it's something surely I'm gonna to implement

CarbonHack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:04:51 AM »

General idea is very cool, and each element behavior works really nice (especially sand). But what it lacks for me is more varied tactical gameplay. Most levels are repetitive in terms of mechanics. Once you know how elements works, it offers very little challange. Adding more elements like ice etc would make things more interesting - but after a while you'll got use to it also. Maybe some additional goals would do the trick? Even such simple as timer. Rating system could have much more sens then too!

atraxgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:05:15 AM »

Yes you are right, I was thinking also to add levels with different mechanics, like touch to burn or touch to create water/sand/other elements. You have a limited number of touch to reach the desired goal.

codejoy
Level 0

Daddy Coder Gamer Photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »

This game is great.  I love the designs of the levels and how they create little shapes and what not too.  Maybe more elements would make this better not sure I thought it was pretty good.  I played on PC in Web I can imagine on mobile, what a perfect mobile game.

atraxgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:09:25 AM »

With the help of my friend we implemented a level editor with the possibility to save&share levels. The server is implemented in nodejs+mongodb, and you can share the level with a unique link(and if you post it on facebook and twitter it's going to give you a preview image of the level)

http://bonseki.atraxgames.net/

RudlyDude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »

I like the minimalist approach, and the clever puzzles. The pixel art was pretty nice as well.  Wink

I think you should make the difficulty go continually upwards as the game progresses. I found that I would go from a really difficult level, to an easy level. This threw me off, and made all levels thereafter feel more tedious than they should have.
Shigatosis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:15 PM »

I'm really impressed with how creative some of these levels are, especially given how simple the concept is! I actually enjoyed how levels alternated between tricky and easy; the easy, fun levels felt like a good reward for figuring out some of the tougher puzzles. My only real complaint is the repetitive music.
Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 05:39:39 AM »

Played the web version, really liked it! I liked the art levels and the ones with the trees. The fire levels were a little tedious though.
But overall pretty fun.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

eh
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic