Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:26:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSter Shoutouts!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGSter Shoutouts!  (Read 2018 times)
JWK5
« on: September 14, 2015, 01:32:04 AM »

Because sometimes people need to know they fucking kick ass, so let's give some shoutouts to TIGSters that have currently left an impression on us! It is time we spread the love!
Also, I my brain has been chemically sent into orbit.

Pfotegeist: Your bunny references are weird, but somehow I like them anyways and your insight is just great. You have a unique perspective that is really enjoyable to read and it always gets me thinking.

Silbereisen: What I really like about you is that most of the time you are really sensible and when you think you might not be you outright say "I am probably not being sensible here". Not a lot of people are considerate enough to think about how their posts might be insensitive to others and then openly admit it, in my opinion that really shows a strong sense of character and I totally respect that.

Mittens: All around your posts interest me, I don't even know why. A lot of times you post things that even when I don't agree with them I still pause to think about them. I don't see a lot of pretentiousness in your posts, they seem to be more emotional and off-the-cuff, I really like that and find a connection in it. Outside your chitchat posts you have a lot of great game development posts (i.e. showing off your projects), they are interesting to follow along with.

Dragonmaw: I don't know what it is but I like keeping tabs on you on TIGS, you seem to waver between sensible and emotional and it creates this interesting dynamic where your posts become fairly ambiguous in nature. You make a good moderator because you are not robotic (as in by-the-book iron fist) but you are not erratic either, you tow that perfect line of approachability that makes you easy to relate to while being able respecting your position as moderator.

Teegee You have fucking awesome creativity and projects and your insight on the technical aspects of game development is fantastic. As far as TIGS goes you are are a treasure, I think you exemplify the perfect melding of professionalism and approachability. Tl;dr you are fucking awesome.

Dacke: I really like that the majority of your current posts seem to be very positive and productive. Even your "negative" posts are pretty tame. I think you exercise a level of reasonability and respect that just make you a very pleasant person to follow along with. I read your posts and all I can think is "Damn, Dacke is just cool as hell!" You're like that guy at the party where everyone is like "Hey Dacke, why don't you come chill with us!" I tend to always read your posts, even when you have a complaint it's like "Yeah, I can see that." Keep being awesome!

J-Snake: There's no denying you're combative but I enjoy reading what you have to say. Even when I don't agree with it you're coming from a unique perspective that always makes for an interesting conversation. I respect that you stick to your guns and you go against the grain. I think TIGS would be at a loss with out you here to keep everyone on their toes. I also like that you incorporate a bit of left-field philosophy into your opinions, it gives your posts a very distinct flavor and adds a lot to think about.

ProgramGamer: I feel like to a degree you are in the same boat I am, that search for "who I am", so I find it easy to connect with you at times. You have a lot to say and I appreciate that you say it with an acknowledgement that maybe you are wrong. You make a lot of apologies for where you feel you are wrong which is good to see that you are willing to be accountable. I think as a person you are going to grow very rapidly and it is clear you are wanting to finding the path of self improvement. It is a sign of a good person and I very much respect you for that.

MeshGearFox: You make a lot of absurd posts but in the maelstrom you also make some rather deep and rather emotional posts that seem to reveal bits and pieces of your true circumstance. I appreciate that you can embrace the silly but I really have a sense of connection when the hardship breaks through. All in all, I think there'd be a void in TIGS without you, that taste of random is much needed and keeps, at least me, on my toes. You are more than welcome to PM me when shit gets rough, but when things are silly I am definitely quick on on the draw to see what craziness you've brought to the table. As far as I am concerned, you are part of what makes the TIGS "experience" for me.

Jimym GIMBERT We butt heads, we write each other argumentative novels, sometimes shit gets nasty, but you are the major reason I keep coming back to TIGS. Though I end just about each conversation with you with negative sentiments when the dust settles there is so much I am left to think about that, whether I agree with you or not, I grow as a person. Somehow the conversation always reveals something about myself that can be changed for the better. My interactions with you are love-hate but I wouldn't trade them for anything. You infuriate me, but you are at the same time undeniably an awesome person and I have the utmost respect for you. Never before have I so looked forward to such bitter arguments. All I can say is "Stay awesome!"

If I left anyone out, don't feel bad or unloved, I am just going off the cuff here and my memory sucks (also, I am a little a lot plowed. I honestly don't find really any TIGSters that are anything less than cool people that make this site worth coming back to again and again. You all kick ass! When I log on to TIGS I don't feel like I am logging on to a forum, I feel like I am logging on to a (sometimes dysfunctional but lovable) family. This is the only forum I go to anymore and there is not a moment that I don't feel gratitude for having that opportunity. So thank you for that, Derek.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 06:01:29 AM »

warmest wishes to "the golden man", paul eres
JWK5
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »

Ah, drunk-posting... I've got it down to a fine art. Vodka makes the magic.

Anyways, good point. Without Paul Eres' tea-fueled wisdom we'd all be lost, we can't forget his awesomeness.

We also can't forget you Superb Joe, I'd write out your list of awesomeness but I don't have 4 days to spare for the 26 odd posts it would take to contain the novel-like record of your accolades, so let's just agree it is your awesome posts that manage to both be hilarious and subtly insightful, consistently making you one of my favorite people here.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:13:58 AM »

to my friend phil fish: hello
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

This is the most heart-warming drunk-post I've read in quite a while ever. Well written my friend! Beer! Hand Pencil

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

that's fine I'm not in it for fame anyway

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »

i like JWK5 because 1. his art posts are the best, 2. his drunk posts are also the best (sorry schoq)
JWK5
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »

This is the most heart-warming drunk-post I've read in quite a while ever. Well written my friend! Beer! Hand Pencil
Thanks! Smiley I had another drunk post that was essentially a sexually-charged fanfic involving Superb Joe and the cast of Dead or Alive but I passed out before I could finish it.

that's fine I'm not in it for fame anyway

Well be that as it may, you're still awesome (as are your drunk posts).

I was a bit a lot drunk when I started the topic so more than a few names escaped my then swirling memory, but there are a ton of people on TIGS who are cool as hell. I really like the community, it is the only one I post on anymore.

To be honest, you'd think it'd be the last place where I'd want to spend my time. I've made an ass of myself here way more than a few times, I've probably put on display just about every personality flaw, emotional issue, and ass-backwards belief I've got, and I've clashed and butted heads with more people here than I can keep count of. Many times I felt like it was time to take my ball and go home but I always end up coming back.

It's because the community is awesome. Even when I feel like my bridges all went up in flames here I wander back in and the community still feels welcoming. Because of that, just being here has helped me through some of the worst shit I've gone through in my life (which is partly what manifested itself in my outbursts here). I've been able to grow as a person a lot through that time.

Nobody here bullshitted me, which let me see through some of my own self-defeating beliefs and illusions, yet at the same time nobody shut the door on me. Though it is unfortunate I've had to go through round and round of spitting out bullshit, having it debunked, running from the resulting shit storm, and coming back with more bullshit to spit out-- on and on until there just wasn't much bullshit left, I probably would not have grown nowhere near as much as I did. TIGS is the best free therapist you can ask for, lol.

So, that said, I feel like I owe this community a lot and despite all the craziness and ridiculousness that pours out of this community at times I still think it is the best one around, for game making or otherwise. The awesome people here are what keeps me here and I can't help but feel a great deal of gratitude for that.

i like JWK5 because 1. his art posts are the best, 2. his drunk posts are also the best (sorry schoq)
Thanks! Smiley Now if can just adjust the ratio a bit...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:26:07 PM by JWK5 » Logged
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

oh, wow, thanks <3

shoutout to jwk5 for being incredibly nice and holy shit that art critique  Shocked
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=50224.msg1178203#msg1178203

Also a shoutout to Prinsessa, who I miss the mostest. But she won't read this Sad

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

bring back:
prinsessa
eva
rinku

Dragonmaw
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »

paul is here he's just quiet bc he's launching two games
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »

and also because the weakest man in the room is usually the loudest. pauls modesty and soft comportment is how i know he's a badass.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

man have you seen his irc text walls though

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »

I thank all genuinely helpful posts are good posts,

and posts revering Eres are typically helpful
JWK5
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »

Paul Eres is glorious leader!!
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 09:00:48 AM »

also crowe get back pls

Dragonmaw
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:24 AM »

shoutout to schoq for being my most vocal critic
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »

*ur most vocal critic who dares say it to ur face

you're ok though I just like being confrontational with people who I think can take it <3

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic