Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 06:43:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignNew Project Mantra
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Project Mantra  (Read 905 times)
JWK5
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:25:48 PM »

I decided to sit down before I start working on a new project and really think about what realistically I am looking for in undertaking such a creative task. I need to be honest to myself about what I want and what I can do so that I can build a set of project goals that fit within the reality of how my mind works. In essence, I've created for myself a new project "mantra" which I will keep in mind and continually refer to in order to keep on track and not lose focus on why I actually want to make a game. I find there is a lot of discussion about how you should go about starting a game, but not a lot said on why you should do it at all. In any case, maybe somebody could benefit from similarly outlining their wants and abilities so I figured I'd share. I'd love to see others' new project mantras.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:31:23 PM by JWK5 » Logged
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »

I wrote down simmilar questions in my art about Game Designt Doc - http://thealchemyofgameplay.tk/2014/03/23/the-recipe-aka-game-design-doc-gdd/ .

I see that most of your questions force you to be a one person team - art, music, programming, story. Is that on purpose? I could feel limited by that while making my projects.

JWK5
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »

I am a one person team, though I am not necessarily claiming to be an effective one lol. You'd definitely want to adjust it all to take into account what you really can and can not do or don't really want to do. Ultimately that is the point of it all, getting down to where your mind is really at with attempting the project.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic