Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 09:22:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioHow to properly advertise your music. Need advice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to properly advertise your music. Need advice.  (Read 617 times)
SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »

Ok so as some of you may already know, I finished an E.P a few months ago. Surprisingly I made a few sales and that opened my eyes to one aspect of composing independently that I never thought through. Advertisement. I'm really lost in this area, outside of posting on forums, I really have no clue where exactly to farm my E.P out to keep the revenue going. I realize I am at a bit of a disadvantage being that my album is Progressive metal(Not mainstream). Could any of you shed some light on this for me?

What outside of posting on forums can I do?

What websites should I be posting on?

Are there any popular indie music sites I should be aware of?

What should I expect as far as revenue is concerned?

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-kauble/sets/mechanized-supremecy
Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »

Hi SanctusAudio,

I just had a listen to your tracks again, really awesome rhythms in there, very cool.

Are you a member of the forum "Ultimate Metal" by any chance?
I played in a metal/progressive band for some time and the guys later had a considerable amount of success with an album. The producer/singer was very active on Ultimate Metal and I had the impression that the community there was very supportive with feedback to the Album and the demos leading up to it.

Later the guys used facebook adds and actually reached people with it. Users got an add like "If you like Meshuggah, have a listen to..." or "You enjoy Tool so you might also like..."

That said, The album in question was quite catchy for progressive metal and had a (imo) world class production that later got them a record deal. I know of more cases where facebook adds proved themselves to be absolutely pointless. You have got to be really careful not to clog your facebook page with fake likes from clickfarms. That happens easily if you are not careful in choosing the countries you advertise in.

That's it from the top of my head. Maybe I can think of something better later Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic