Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:21:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsIn need of staff!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: In need of staff!  (Read 1783 times)
Conker
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

good luck then
Layl
Level 3

professional jerkface

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »

People are not going to work with you unpaid (even if there's promise of pay later) if you've never finished and published a successful project before. Steve Jobs was not the "idea guy", Steve Jobs was the "business guy" who already was friends with the people he worked with.

At this point if you want to make games, you need to make them yourself before you're going to attract other people to work with you. You're WAY over-scoping your first game.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 05:46:09 PM »

I'm a novice at making an actual game, but not putting things in motion to where they should be.

The skill of 'putting things into motion' is not a central skill needed to make a game.

Usually the people that made great things had help from some one else. Hell, Steve Jobs was just the idea guy. He barely had anything to do with actually making it.

Steve Jobs was an idea guy that worked alongside people and did most of the work to start apple as an business. Being an idea guy only helped with his work, it wasn't his work as a whole.

My point is, I just need a couple of people to do a specific job. A graphic design artist and an animator preferably in one.
A programmer and a coder again preferably in one.

A "coder" is just a misused term for a programmer. It's like calling an author a booker.

I have my own sound guy, and I don't need more than that at the moment, but it's not like I'd make everyone do everything for me. I'd have hands on, constantly working with them.
My point is, I just need a couple of people to do a specific job. A graphic design artist and an animator preferably in one.
A programmer and a coder again preferably in one.

wut.
Programming, art, and audio are all a game is.
You want a person to do all of those for you.
You don't want everything done for you.
WTF
matwek
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 11:38:46 PM »

I understand it's a far fetched idea, I just hope the idea of my game and what I want to make, is good enough for people to sign on and help out of..some sort of I don't know... Point is, I am not asking anyone to follow me as if I'm their leader, just wanting to make a game, an idea that sounds really good to multiple people, to the point they actually wanna make it is what I'm after.
So what's the idea then? What's the design pitch that's going to get us all interested?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »

Put it on Kickstarter to raise the funds to hire a talented game making team. If the idea is as great as you say it is, and you are as good at getting your ideas across as you suggest then the Kickstarter campaign will be a roaring success. If it isn't a great success then download GameMaker and prove everyone wrong. Good luck!

Halogen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »

It sounds like what you've got 100% are ideas. Then, you've got some novice skills on the side, if I'm not mistaken by what I've read. The thing is, people (whether you like it or not) don't have an instant reason to be invested in your ideas. "So what if it fails? It wasn't mine" is the default mentality. People are busy. They've got their own passion projects to work on. Try not to look for people better than you to do any heavy lifting (or any lifting). Especially if there's no pay and it'll be taking a significant chunk of their time. What I would recommend is finding people around your skill level- novice programmers, novice artists, etc and offering not a "paid" reward, but just small ideas, with little time commitment that are purely for the sake of learning and nothing else. Pitching your ideas as "let's all get some experience out of this" and not a "help me realise my idea" thing will likely serve you better considering where you are right now. Start small.

Best of luck.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic