Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:59:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How do you keep frames of animation in scale?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How do you keep frames of animation in scale?  (Read 869 times)
CrewdNBasic
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:59:34 PM »

So as you're drawing each frame, a piece of one isn't bigger than the others so it won't stand out?
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 08:12:54 PM »

redsuinit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »

Haha. I actually understand his question. This is more of an issue for those of us that struggle with the basics of perspective. My advice to you would be to stop with pixels for now and switch to regular pencil and paper. Learn about perspective and more importantly PRACTICE drawing the same figure in different positions. Don't read that as ANIMATING a figure. I mean draw the same figure sitting down, standing up, leaning against a wall, throwing a punch, etc. Get your mind to start thinking about bone structure and how joints rotate, how that makes something move, and how to get that move to appear without, as you say, growing, bending, shortening, etc. You just need to practice perspective drawing and sketching the human figure with pencil is THE BEST way to practice this.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »

i think i know whats happening
you just make canvas bigger than sprite and every frame should be same size.
redsuinit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »

So as you're drawing each frame, a piece of one isn't bigger than the others so it won't stand out?

Could you perhaps post an example?
Shipright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »

I genre ally don,t and have to go back to the previous frame or play the animation over and over to catch the errant pixels or disproportionate shifts in size. Heeling the moving portions of your character in different layers (arms, legs, head, weapon, etc) can greatly speed up corrections.

Also use the transfer function in your art software. Even if you don't use the end result due to it being a garbled mess, the final snap and orientation is probably close to correct and you can redraw the part over it to maintain scale.
CrewdNBasic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »

I genre ally don,t and have to go back to the previous frame or play the animation over and over to catch the errant pixels or disproportionate shifts in size. Heeling the moving portions of your character in different layers (arms, legs, head, weapon, etc) can greatly speed up corrections.

Also use the transfer function in your art software. Even if you don't use the end result due to it being a garbled mess, the final snap and orientation is probably close to correct and you can redraw the part over it to maintain scale.

Yeah, I was watching a tutorial on spritingon YouTube and this seemed like a good idea.

I don't have anything to show because I don't have a computer at the moment, but thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic