Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:32:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGameMaker Humble Bundle
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: GameMaker Humble Bundle  (Read 2656 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:46:22 PM »

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Thought people might be interested, since you can get GameMaker: Studio Professional for $6 along with a bunch of GM games and their source code.

For $12 you can get Wasteland Kings, Stealth Bastard, and their source code, too.

The Spelunky Classic source is included for free, since it's already freely available. I'm not making any Hand Money LeftHuh?Hand Shake Right from this.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:14:04 AM »

Wait, by Wasteland Kings they mean mojam prototype instead of latest version of Nuclear Throne?
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 12:30:53 AM »

For 12$ you get the GM:S Android Export Module.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 01:03:10 AM »

Wait, by Wasteland Kings they mean mojam prototype instead of latest version of Nuclear Throne?

yeah but you get the source code along with it
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 03:28:54 AM »

that's a really good deal and i wish i were a man of leisure so i could make computer games with it
foreignsubstances
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 03:59:43 AM »

def checking this out. heard about it on SGF stream last night.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 04:04:33 AM »

Login server getting rammed though, don't expect to get your license before sale's end ...  Waaagh!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 04:34:54 AM »

i got mine today no problem
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 06:09:09 AM »

It keeps saying "Licence viewing is currently disabled due to high server load, and will return shortly." for me. Login is no problem, but there's no way to actually see the license.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 06:27:39 AM »

oh wait did you mean the GM license? because that isn't working for me either. RIP in peace yoyo's servers.
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »

I just got this also. thanks for posting here! I never check the humble bundle page except the rare occasion. All that for 12 dollars is amazing! I already have enough game dev software really, but its nice to be have options!
EDIT: I'm in queue to make an account.  Huh? The servers really are overloaded.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:37:45 AM by Chris MacAdam » Logged

tylerfunk
Level 0

I make games for fun and games

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »

Bought it a few days ago, activated one license but now I can't get to the actual GM license from server load. Oh well, it doesn't really matter at all since this is one steal of a bundle. I'd be happy with just getting GM professional for this price, but the export module for Android AND all those source codes?! Awesome.

MEAD✿W LARK - Metal Deity - That Sea of Neon - Breakvania
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »

On reddit GameMaker they're saying that the YYG servers are back up, so if you were having trouble activating your license before, try it now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/3lzn14/yoyogames_is_back_and_better_and_fixed/
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 05:09:08 AM »

For 12$ you get the GM:S Android Export Module.
Geeez thanks!. I overlooked that. Always wanted the Android module but it was too costly or me. Coffee (tea)

But I have a bad feeling that Gamemaker isn't doing well. It's as if they are "selling the barn".
[Yoyo Games was sold to Playtech in early 2015, for £10.6 million]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:17:48 AM by melerski » Logged

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 05:47:54 AM »

On reddit GameMaker they're saying that the YYG servers are back up, so if you were having trouble activating your license before, try it now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/3lzn14/yoyogames_is_back_and_better_and_fixed/
Yep, got it now! Thanks for the heads-up.  Tiger
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 05:56:09 AM »

I don't get any confirmation/activation mails from yoyogames. :/
Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »

Its fascinating to look at the source code for some of these, and how they use generally frowned upon principles to achieve what they want such as Wasteland King's literally freezing the game to give better hit impact feel.

I'm wondering though if everyone codes with zero indentation/lack of self documentation or if developers purposefully modified their code to make it less readable?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 12:40:57 PM »

I'm wondering though if everyone codes with zero indentation/lack of self documentation or if developers purposefully modified their code to make it less readable?

i did that until a few years ago. i never "studied programming" either formally or informally, just taught myself what i needed for my games, so i just never thought of indenting code. i guess that many indies are the same in terms of just being unaware of "good coding practice". i also never did self documentation due to laziness. this changed when i made a traditional roguelike which would have been impossible with my previous practices.

also i guess GM is aimed at non-programmers so you're not going to find many good programmers using it.

this is basically why im wary of releasing my code btw. im worried people will try to look at it for inspiration and assume that what im doing is good practice just because it's in a working game haha.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

From what I've seen in the Nuclear Throne development streams, that's just how JW writes code. I can't imagine people taking the time to purposefully make it messy.

I actually wanna loosen up the way I think about and write code. I think I spend too much time planning and keeping things clean.
Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »

this is basically why im wary of releasing my code btw. im worried people will try to look at it for inspiration and assume that what im doing is good practice just because it's in a working game haha.

I think just about everyone feels that way about their coding. I almost never show people what I'm doing because I feel like I hack together a lot of it. It's interesting to see that everyone takes the brute force approach to UI too.

From what I've seen in the Nuclear Throne development streams, that's just how JW writes code. I can't imagine people taking the time to purposefully make it messy.

I actually wanna loosen up the way I think about and write code. I think I spend too much time planning and keeping things clean.

Keeping a clean codebase is really important IMO. I always try to get modular code out of what I do, but you're right that there's a limit to how much planning should be done.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic