Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 09:12:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGhost Train
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Train  (Read 538 times)
BB
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »

Hello everybody! I've spent the last two weeks working on a new game called Ghost Train. You start at the back of a train, solving a puzzle in each car in order to advance to the next. Let me know what you think, what you like/dislike, any bugs you run into or anything else you feel like mentioning. Thanks!

http://brucebelk.itch.io/ghost-train
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:06:25 PM by BB » Logged
fishbowl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »

Nice concept, but I couldn't get past the third car so I don't know how much I can really say. . .

Maybe some kind of hint system would be useful, if that fits your vision.  As a player, I do wonder why I'm trying to get to the front of the train and why doing so requires bizarre puzzlesolving. 

I guess, imho, it's not really a game, but a fun demo that you should pursue turning into a game. Again, I didn't finish it though so take all I say with a grain of salt.

BB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »

I should have been more specific, it is just a demo. I took your advice and added dialog to the ghosts to act as hints. Let me know what you think!
RudlyDude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:53:20 PM »

"Thanks friendtendo."

I liked the concept, I think you could develop this into a full game, given the time. I enjoyed the silliness of it all, the humor. I was stuck on the last car for a long time (compared to the other ones), as I couldn't find the doll on the rack. Maybe make that a little more obvious. Also, I liked the look of the trees, very polygonal. In fact, it was all very polygonal, and I enjoyed that. I thought throwing the boxes out got a bit tedious, there were just so many of them!

Overall, I'd say it was pretty good. Looking forward to the sequel.  Wink
BB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:51 PM »

Thanks so much! Yeah the boxes are a little much, I might go in and take a few out. There's definitely more I want to do with it and several more train cars I have planned out but I'm starting a new project soon that will hopefully turn into a full-er time gig.
Edit: Went ahead and took some of the boxes out, now there's 13 which as we all know is the spookiest number.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:46:57 PM by BB » Logged
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 05:42:59 PM »

Played until I reached a door that wouldn't open for me at all. Nice game with fun little puzzles to keep you occupied. Think of doing more with the sound design though. Find a way to really set up the comedic tone you seem to be going for. Think about music and sounds that will make the game goofier and sillier. That's my advice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic