Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:22:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignScaring the player and the scare code
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scaring the player and the scare code  (Read 571 times)
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »

Hi
 I would like to arrange a brainstorm and discussion about methods for scaring the player in FPP game and a game code for scary events. I'm thinking about ghost theme of the game (in the crypts and darkness), but ideas can be universal.

Scaring the player:
  • Player opens the door that are stuck (pushing them by physics or using minigame or QTE), and in the moment he wants to walk in doors shot with some creepy sound;
  • Player investigates objects (for example monitors on the wall) that look like disabled or broken, while he loots  the room everything turns on with loud sound and visuals;
  • Player walks in the dark tomb, and he hears scratching sounds from the inside of the coffin
  • Player wants to go back the corridor but when he turns around there is wall or different set of walls
  • Player walks toward the painting when it starts to rot and bleed
  • Player hears steps behind him (not human ones)

Game code for scary events (when something scary is going to happen, or the enemy will spawn):
  • The screen is desaturated and flashlight is less efficient, there is also bulb noise like it is going to burn
  • Player breathe vapours from the cold;
  • Players heart beat is loud and fast;
  • Player hears whispers from the walls;

If you are interested in joining in please write your ideas in list per category Scaring the player or Game code. I will moderate topic to have all ideas in list useful for everyone.
Images, youtube links or sounds to move the imagination are welcome!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic