Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:19:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe gamer/player in control about graphics/story and...?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The gamer/player in control about graphics/story and...?  (Read 1767 times)
warongames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »

We, at War on Games studios, like to give the players the chance to have a great influence on how the story/campaign will go. We even try to involve them in the making of the game.

For example: This sunday at 17.00 CEST, our concept artist Alex Drummond (THQ, Microsoft, Marvel etc.) will stream the creation of concept art for the background story posted on our website.

What else would gamers like to have influence on?

Would gamers want influence on how the heroes look? (Since it has MOBA elements)
Would gamers want influence on the soundtrack?

We'd like to know!

Thanks for reading, if you'd like to know more about us, visit www.warongames.com
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »

I think you should make the main character name of Jeremy

warongames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »

And why would that be a good idea?  Embarrassed
Canned Turkey
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »

You asked for input from gamer's so I just thought Jeremy would be good. There aren't many videogame boys name of Jeremy, so it'd stand out in my (a gamer)'s opinion

warongames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »

You asked for input from gamer's so I just thought Jeremy would be good. There aren't many videogame boys name of Jeremy, so it'd stand out in my (a gamer)'s opinion

I'll definitely implement the name for one of the main characters! I was just curious why you'd choose something like that. Any other imput?
siskavard
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »

best Jermey

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »

I'll definitely implement the name for one of the main characters! I was just curious why you'd choose something like that. Any other imput?
I'm starting to feel like you aren't taking me seriously as a gamer Sad

Canned Turkey
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 11:32:33 PM »

Here's what happens, a playtester will tell you what's wrong with your game, they will never tell you how to fix it, or why it's wrong. Now that's an analogy, you can swap out the words with 'person you ask input from' accordingly. This is a big mistake most people make when trying to crowd develop a game with non-developers. You can't please everyone, no one knows what they want, you won't feel inspired because there's no passion behind anyone's input, etc.

Also Jeremy.

warongames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »

Here's what happens, a playtester will tell you what's wrong with your game, they will never tell you how to fix it, or why it's wrong. Now that's an analogy, you can swap out the words with 'person you ask input from' accordingly. This is a big mistake most people make when trying to crowd develop a game with non-developers. You can't please everyone, no one knows what they want, you won't feel inspired because there's no passion behind anyone's input, etc.

Also Jeremy.

So your suggestion is not asking for input? Or a smaller portion to let gamers decide on?
Canned Turkey
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 07:04:45 AM »

His suggestion is name of Jeremy.

But seriously, he's saying don't rely too much on player feedback. Make the game right because you, the designer, knows how to make the game right.
warongames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:07:33 AM »

We mostly get the advice to make decisions ourselves instead of giving players a voice in this. Would there be limited choices gamers should be able to make in game development?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic